Delta V 600 to Über Delta V!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
First message was that she liked the bike but I don't know if she has ridden it yet.
My biggest gripe about the current state of bike building is that a given frame can have so many different component requirements. I used to be able to keep enough parts on hand to build most any road, touring, or MTB frameset but there are way too many options these days to make that practical.

JohnnyD

That is also one of the gripes I have about the bikes today. That and hyper inflated pricing!

JohnnyD

Need to add a couple of pictures
FattySL_1.jpg
FattySL_2.jpg

Next big update on this bike will be after I strip the paint down to fix the corrosion on the down tube :(

JohnnyD

It's time to start planning this build. I've sat on my behind long enough. So I want to hear some opinions on the paint.
1.Restore it to as close to original
2.go custom
As for custom, I really like this paint scheme, especially with these decals added to it. I wouldn't use the BOtE or P-bone decals of course.. just the others to make it stand out as "Made in the USA" Cannondale. Let me know what you all think.
Killer Vee 900 1993.jpg

USA Cdale.jpg

JohnnyD

Thanks, like I said I am looking for help in deciding. As you've probably noticed I am bad at that when it comes to bikes!
I was one click away from making the Super V black and gold. Brian helped me decide by telling me what his original plans for the bike were.. That and I couldn't find any 26" wheels in gold and black to match the theme of the bike. Black and silver is SO much easier!

I will still likely buy the decals, If they don't wind up on a bike they will look really cool on my toolbox!

JohnnyD

Well after a few hours of "fun" I've got about 95% of the frame sanded with 120 grit. Next up is 180 grit.
Anyone want to help?
20220510_170637.jpg 20220510_170539.jpg 20220510_170626.jpg 20220510_170529.jpg 20220510_170408.jpg

JohnnyD

Cannondale 3.0 frame disc brake conversion????? We will see if I can get it to work soon!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502-004313_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502-004313_Chrome.jpg
    856.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_20220502-004300_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220502-004300_Chrome.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74

JohnnyD

Thanks, the bike and fork will be in primer by Tuesday as long as USPS does their part and doesn't lose my shipment.
I did polish a small area of forward top tube just to see how it would look. It came out pretty decent, but I don't really want to spend the hours and hours it will take to polish out the welds and other tight spaces. SO this bike won't become a '95 Delta V 1000 copy.. So after the primer is all cured and smoothed out it will be paint time!

The rear disc brake adapter should be here tomorrow, so I will spend a little time getting that installed and ready to go before I primer the bike.

Another thing that kind of has me mad. When I purchased the fork, I noticed that the fork had some touchup paint on the back of the fork, but I never looked closely at it. However, when I was prepping the fork for sanding I noticed that some Jack@$$ filed off the serial numbers off the back of the left fork leg.

JohnnyD

I had an Ooops! I kind of messed up painting the frame, thankfully I caught it before I put on decals and clear coat!
In the mean time. Some "goodies" showed up today. Anyone else think that this bike is going to be fun to ride?
Goodies.jpg

Last edited: