Delta V 600 to Über Delta V!

JohnnyD

Almost done.. here is a small teaser picture of the gear indicator. It is no longer that oh so common red/orange that Shimano likes to use. I had a lot of fun tearing into the shifter just to pull off the sticker then use and repaint the indicator arm. Oh yeah.. and it now glows in the dark too...
gear indicator.jpg

JohnnyD

I still have a couple of things to tidy up while I wait another 24 hours for the clear to fully cure, but my take on creating an Über Delta V is done.
20220608_191948.jpg

two thumbs up to the first person who points out my f*** up on the USA decals

JohnnyD

Before anyone tells me. I did notice the areas of orange peel in the paint, especially around the headtube:mad:. I almost stripped it down AGAIN to correct it, but in the end I decided to just live with it.

JohnnyD

First ride is complete. Everything works well. The disc brakes are good. They aren't as firm as the full hydraulic ones on my other bikes. I'd place them above V-brakes in terms of power but not as powerful as the Magura HS 33's hydraulic rim brakes on the M700.
Having a "low normal/ rapid rise" LX M581 rear mech is definitely interesting and will take some getting used too. Setup for the rear wasn't too difficult, just a little fun making sure the cable tension is perfect. The front (as usual) gave me some trouble, but in the end I got it dialed in. One thing is for certain, you CAN NOT cross chain from big to big..I typically don't do it, but when setting up a 3x system I check to see if it will do it. If you attempt it with this derailleur it binds up pretty quickly. Funny thing is that you can do it on the M580 derailleur that is on the M700.
One this I did quickly figure out is that I am SUPER spoiled by using Ergon grips on my other bikes. The Cannondale one's I used on this bike are kind of thin and not as comfy as the GP1 and GA3 grips I use on the other bikes. This price you pay for color coordinating I guess.

I will have to decide on a permanent wheel set for this bike. Until I do the M700 is on the bike stand, since I borrowed the wheelset from it to get everything up and running. Not a huge deal, since the M700 need a good cleaning and lube on everything anyways..

Oh yeah on last thing. This bike is noticeable lighter than the M700, I am thinking it feels under 27lbs, which is what the M700 weighed a while ago when it still had the original brakes and drivetrain on in. It has me puzzled since hey are pretty much the same frame. Most of the components are the same as well.(brakes and fork being the really major difference) Does a Headshok weigh less than a Pepperoni fork???? I really need to get off my behind and just buy a good scale to see what all of my bikes weigh.

Last edited:

bluegill

Before anyone tells me. I did notice the areas of orange peel in the paint, especially around the headtube:mad:. I almost stripped it down AGAIN to correct it, but in the end I decided to just live with it.
Who cares about a few minor imperfections.....it looks great and no one but you will notice!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
The color makes me think of much more recent Cannondales, was that the idea?

If I could get you to take on my projects they might get finished.

JohnnyD

The color makes me think of much more recent Cannondales, was that the idea?

If I could get you to take on my projects they might get finished.
It was inspired by a little by the Cannondale Habit and also the 99 Super V 500's in green. I also chose the colors to really play off the green anodizing on the grip clamps.

JohnnyD

Here's some fun info. The weight of the bike is 28.5 lbs as ridden. The Jekyll weighs in at a hefty 32.2 lbs, 31.4 lbs for the Super V and finally the M700 weighs a portly 31.3 lbs.