Delta V 2000 shock adjuster tool

Guy Redshaw

Hiya Brian - all of those. I’ve heated it a bit, hit it, bathed it in penetrating oils for 3 nights, tried to turn it with big grips and it ain’t moving. Very bizarre. It’s probably easier to find another one because it’s set too hard for me as Welles looking crap because the spring needs re-coating.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
A new (old original) one might be hard to find. The threads are aluminum on aluminum, any chance they are cross threaded? Does the ring move at all? Can you try clamping it sideways, and get a block of wood, and smack it down? It may need to break some corrosion on the threads. Worst case, if its done... cut the ring, and find some ring that will work. Motorcycles use those types of rings.

roKWiz

Any chance you can go in the opposite direction by tightening it to reveal more thread and try and clean it or at least see where its binding.

Guy Redshaw

DB99F8B2-D7B6-4E12-8E37-2EDE13456405.jpeg

Guy Redshaw

As you’ll see, it is finished apart from that shock. At least I’ve rescued it from an eBay box of frame parts and found that weird sized bottom headset bearing with the help of this community.

roKWiz

I think the advert is wrong ie Super V as in fact it looks just like the Delta V shock he requires.
That doesn't look anything like a Super V rear shock, first gen had a U shaped upper mount built into the Alps4 and second gen (Active) have a standard eye to eye type mount.

Superb bike Guy, looks beautiful polished.
Also if you get stuck finding genuine Cdale headset bearing again, they can be sourced from car and truck bearing suppliers. I bought some spare ones recently to suit my headset lower and swingarm from my local bearing supplier.

Last edited:

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I think your original shock can still be salvaged. Does sound like the threads may be galled. If that's the case, probably the best thing to do is to cut the nut off. That will allow you to clean the shock threads up without damaging them beyond what damage you now have. Of course that will require another nut. I'm guessing one can be found with the same threads.

Guy Redshaw

I think your original shock can still be salvaged. Does sound like the threads may be galled. If that's the case, probably the best thing to do is to cut the nut off. That will allow you to clean the shock threads up without damaging them beyond what damage you now have. Of course that will require another nut. I'm guessing one can be found with the same threads.
I bought it. The seller doesn’t ship outside the US so it’s gone to Phoenix where I’ll pick it up in October. Until then, the current one will have to do. When it is eventually replaced, surgery on it will commence. Many thanx again for finding it.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I should have guessed that the seller wouldn't want to ship to Europe. I'd be happy to ship it to you if you want it quicker. I can check rates if you want to check cost.

Guy Redshaw

I should have guessed that the seller wouldn't want to ship to Europe. I'd be happy to ship it to you if you want it quicker. I can check rates if you want to check cost.
Hi! It’s fine thanks. I don’t mind the wait knowing at least that I have a replacement. Many thanks for the offer to be the ‘Distribution Centre’ though. Appreciate it.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member

I also think it can be saved. I would look at the threads, to see if its been cross threaded. If not, i would you oil, and tap with a block of wood, in the tightening direction, than the other way. Make sure it is in a vice tight, so the force is going to the nut, and not absorbed by the entire shock.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I would doubt that it's cross threaded as the nut is threaded on quite a way and the threads don't appear to be damaged. Probably got some grit down in the clearance between the nut and the shock and galled as a result. The shock thread could also have been damaged by an impact of some sort.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Coil-over nuts are usually a pretty loose fit. On the race cars we used to tack a small screw to the bottom of the spring so that we could reach inside the tub and quickly adjust the nut by turning the spring. Never had one that I had to use a wrench on as far as I can remember.