Cannondale fan from Texas

black lightning 1987

Staff member
4 lbs. isn't way out of line for a fork. Guessing a Lefty is somewhat lighter but I'd be surprised if it's a pound for the whole system. I wish the Serotta was handy so I could weigh it and see if my estimate is close. It's from the same era, 2001-2005 or so.

Attachments

• Serotta CST JSTSP (2).jpg
    Serotta CST JSTSP (2).jpg
    158 KB · Views: 69

JohnnyD

I put the bike as received + the drive train up on the scale and got just over 27 lbs. I should be able to keep it under 30 once I replace the brakes, tires and add in the contact points.
I did some online digging for information last night and found Lefty DLR2's weigh in at about 2.6-2.8 lbs.. so you figure my early DLR 100 with it's steel axle is probably around 3 lbs or so.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Curious about how the weight is measured. I assume that it's just the fork, but a Lefty hub and axle is surely going to add a bit more weight compared to a standard quick release hub.

JohnnyD

Knowing how manufacturers love to cheat.. I am sure that the weight is just the fork, minus the clamps. Either way it is lighter than the Manitou fork I have on my other Jekyll.

JohnnyD

After a long HOT HOT HOT ride, I had to relax and enjoy a little time with the Jekyll brothers.
20220712_140034.jpg

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
So cool you have a v1 and v2 Jekyll. Do you have a matching black Mavic for the rear? is it a 223?

JohnnyD

No, it is a x317 on the front. The rear is an unknown but still has the original hub. :( However, I did just purchase a 2003 Mavic Crossmax SL wheelset with the Mavic Lefty hub in silver. I really wanted them in black because the color of the accent spoke on the wheels would really match the bike. I just couldn't find a set with a Lefty hub. Eventually I will pick up another x317 rim and have the rear relaced with it to have matching backup set of wheels.

Edit: I just checked, the rear rim is a Weinmann Zac19.. Amazing what you can figure out when you open your eyes and look at something! :oops:

Last edited:

JohnnyD

I might have a NOS X317 rim in the attic stash. If I do it will be 32 hole.
Ahh the attic stash, what don't you have in there??? Seriously, there is no need to rush to check it, but I would be interested in finding one in a couple of weeks, right now I am more interested in finding 90-100 mm 20 deg. Headshok stem for 31.8 mm bars.

JohnnyD

I found this over on MBTR and about fainted when I saw it. It's WAY off topic for this board, so I thought I'd just add it to my own thread.OMG..I am not a fan of E-bikes..but come on WHO wouldn't want to ride this
WoodEbike.jpg