DLR80 - DL80 - fatty - headshoks

Rbike

Hello all, thank you for letting be a part of the community(new guy). I have a 2002 F600- 26"- disc- medium frame mountain bike(I am the original owner). I had the original fork replaced around 2010 with a DLR80 ultra(not a fatty) because Cannondale at the time was not making the previous fork(not sure what is was but it had no rebound). I have some questions now as I am looking for a replacement(since the current fork is MIA - see pic--long story). If anyone could chime in on these I would appreciate it.

1. What is the difference between DLR80 ultra and a fatty version?---is it aluminum verses steel?
2. I am thinking the travel on the DLR80 is 80 mm---is that correct in my thinking?
3. If I cannot locate a DRL80 ultra shock - what can you recommend as a replacement?(I worry that a steel shock on the aluminum frame may change the structural integrity) ---I ride everyday

Thanks again and I appreciate you taking the time

Attachments

• 20220620_084819.jpg
    20220620_084819.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26

black lightning 1987

Staff member
As far as I know, all Headshok forks are aluminum. 80 mm travel is correct for the DLR80. I'd guess the difference is in the damping components but the catalogs in that era don't have much detail on the forks. Craig at Mendoncyclesmith might know. Do you have the original fork? Craig would probably be able to rebuild it. Headshok forks do turn up on eBay. Another option would be a reducing headset and a RockShox, Manitou, etc. 1 1/8" fork.