Cannondale Super V 1000 (2000)

TADOU

Hello guys,
I recently bought this Super V 1000, according to the ad, in Germany.
I couldn't find any information about this bike (catalogs, advertisements and or websites). The seller doesn't give me any additional information.
According to Vintage Cannondale, who helped me, the bike was produced in 1999, according to the information on the frame, and released in 2000, and it is a european model Super V 1000.
Does anyone have any information about this bike (european catalogues, advertisements and or websites)?
I would like to restore parts of it, but I don't know anything about this bike. I don't know if the parts are the original ones, if there was an upgrade, or even if it's the mentioned model (Super V 1000).
Can you help me?
Regards,
CláudioML

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-8.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg
s-l1600-5.jpg
s-l1600-3.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg

JohnnyD

OK I have to say this first.. I WANT THIS BIKE.. Again I have to ask the question.. Why oh why did Cannondale do market specific paint jobs?????
Unless someone on here has the European market brochure that has the information on what exact model it is we can only guess since it doesn't have the decals for the model number. It might be a replacement frame as well, they typically did not get the model decals. As for the color scheme I REALLY REALLY like it.
To be honest, the bike doesn't need to be restored. I'd leave it as is and just do a tune up and enjoy it. Be careful about the rear swing arm though as that style tends to crack along the area where the parts were bonded together. If you don't ride too hard though you should be fine with it on light trails. From the looks of how well it has been taken care of I am guessing you wont have any issues.

TADOU

OK I have to say this first.. I WANT THIS BIKE.. Again I have to ask the question.. Why oh why did Cannondale do market specific paint jobs?????
Unless someone on here has the European market brochure that has the information on what exact model it is we can only guess since it doesn't have the decals for the model number. It might be a replacement frame as well, they typically did not get the model decals. As for the color scheme I REALLY REALLY like it.
To be honest, the bike doesn't need to be restored. I'd leave it as is and just do a tune up and enjoy it. Be careful about the rear swing arm though as that style tends to crack along the area where the parts were bonded together. If you don't ride too hard though you should be fine with it on light trails. From the looks of how well it has been taken care of I am guessing you wont have any issues.
Hi JohnnyD,
My doubt arose from the fact that there is no decal with model number on the frame, it can be any model.
The bike is immaculate, and looks like the original components to me. I want to replace the more worn components, with the same ones or the original ones, if they have been replaced.
Since I can't find information about this bike, I can't know if there was an upgrade.
I'll keep an eye out for the rear swing arm, thanks for the tip.
Regards,

JohnnyD

Hi JohnnyD,
My doubt arose from the fact that there is no decal with model number on the frame, it can be any model.
The bike is immaculate, and looks like the original components to me. I want to replace the more worn components, with the same ones or the original ones, if they have been replaced.
Since I can't find information about this bike, I can't know if there was an upgrade.
I'll keep an eye out for the rear swing arm, thanks for the tip.
Regards,
I am thinking that the bike at some point had the front fork replaced with on that was disc specific. It looks like a Super Fatty M though. 1999/2000 was the years when Cannondale forks typically had both disc and v-brake mounts.

Looking at the US catalog closest bike that had hydraulic disc up front and hydraulic rim brakes in the rear was the 700 SX. However, that bike came with a Lefty DLR in the US market. Other than the fork and rear shock(Super V 400 came with a coil in 2000) all the other parts look like they line up with that model though. Who knows in Europe that model might have gotten a Headshok instead. You just can never be 100% certain with Cannondale when comparing US to Euro market bikes.
FYI, the full specs for the Super V 700 SX are on pg 50 of the 2000 catalog pdf.

Last edited:

TADOU

The fork is a Super Fatty.
You are correct the bicycle most similar to her is the Super V 700SX, except the fork Lefty DLR.
I looked so much in the US catalog, I almost had it memorized o_O. I already believe I won't be able to find out, and be 100% sure, unless an EU catalog appears with the photo of the bicycle.
I'll keep trying to find out, meanwhile I'll enjoy it.

JohnnyD

The fork is a Super Fatty.
You are correct the bicycle most similar to her is the Super V 700SX, except the fork Lefty DLR.
I looked so much in the US catalog, I almost had it memorized o_O. I already believe I won't be able to find out, and be 100% sure, unless an EU catalog appears with the photo of the bicycle.
I'll keep trying to find out, meanwhile I'll enjoy it.
The last line says it best! Enjoy it.

FYI, finding pads for the brakes on both the front and rear isn't too difficult. I save a ton of money buying stuff (brakes,tires,etc...) from bike-components.de in Germany. Even paying for shipping to the US I save over $100+ each time I order stuff. SHH.. don't tell everyone that I can get complete Magura MT brake sets about 50% of the cost of buying them from a US retailer, including shipping!

TADOU

The last line says it best! Enjoy it.

FYI, finding pads for the brakes on both the front and rear isn't too difficult. I save a ton of money buying stuff (brakes,tires,etc...) from bike-components.de in Germany. Even paying for shipping to the US I save over $100+ each time I order stuff. SHH.. don't tell everyone that I can get complete Magura MT brake sets about 50% of the cost of buying them from a US retailer, including shipping!
;)

TADOU

Here is a link to what is supposed to be the top of the line Euro spec 2000 SuperV, a SuperV 1000 SL.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/00/ce/model-0VA1S.html

Shows as a V brake bike with LX/XTR mix with HeadShok Fatty Ultra DL fork. My guess is that your bike was built up from a frameset. What a great find, and in super condition. I would enjoy it as is and not worry about pinning a model number to it.
This link I could not open, this message appeared "404 - File or directory not found".
You're right, I'll enjoy it.

JohnnyD

Here you go, 2000 Super V700. No idea why the disc version was not top of the line as I would have expected.

Paint is called Banner Green Fade. I have never seen it before.
Great job on using the internet archive to find it.. I never thought to try checking there.I know why the disc version wasn't top of the line. Because Cannondale loves to make us scratch our heads.

JohnnyD

Here are screen shots of that page. Wish they had shown the Sunset Fade version.
I'd like to see that fade too.. The Fire Pit Fade on my '01 Jekyll is just stunning, so if the Sunrise Fade(Charger Orange/Viper Red) is close to the Goldenrod/Viper Red portion..well then it would looks really amazing.

TADOU

I'd like to see that fade too.. The Fire Pit Fade on my '01 Jekyll is just stunning, so if the Sunrise Fade(Charger Orange/Viper Red) is close to the Goldenrod/Viper Red portion..well then it would looks really amazing.
I've seen the Sunrise Fade, it's very beautiful.

Black Molly

Hello guys,
I recently bought this Super V 1000, according to the ad, in Germany.
I couldn't find any information about this bike (catalogs, advertisements and or websites). The seller doesn't give me any additional information.
According to Vintage Cannondale, who helped me, the bike was produced in 1999, according to the information on the frame, and released in 2000, and it is a european model Super V 1000.
Does anyone have any information about this bike (european catalogues, advertisements and or websites)?
I would like to restore parts of it, but I don't know anything about this bike. I don't know if the parts are the original ones, if there was an upgrade, or even if it's the mentioned model (Super V 1000).
Can you help me?
Regards,
CláudioML

View attachment 8977

Hi Cláudio, I know the color scheme from my (wife's) Cannondale Super V 700. Bought from a Cannondale Dealer in Rosenheim / Germany in 2000. I love the fading color from metallic green to yellow. Here are some photos I took in July and a sketch, made by my wife.

I also got a matte black Super V 700 (1997) and a Super V 500 (2002) in my little collection.

All the best

CR

Attachments

• WhatsApp Bild 2023-07-27 um 20.49.48.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2023-07-27 um 20.49.48.jpg
    746.5 KB · Views: 60
  • WhatsApp Bild 2023-07-27 um 20.50.26.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2023-07-27 um 20.50.26.jpg
    592.9 KB · Views: 56
  • WhatsApp Bild 2023-07-27 um 20.53.33.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2023-07-27 um 20.53.33.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 49