Cannondale F2000 SX year 2000 in fair condition

Jon Possom

80811130_1501838413290132_3527772977431052288_n.jpg
Picked up for 150, on FB marketplace. The images were pretty bad when I was reviewing the listing. Drove 30 minutes to the sellers house and with the Coda brakes needing bled, paint very rough all around the rear triangle two flat tires and the shifting being non functional talked the seller down from 300 to 150. I figured if nothing else I was getting a frame and fork for a updated build.The seller had told me he had just three days ago had it serviced at the LBS???? I've wanted one of these since I'd first seen them maybe five years ago. When I showed up the condition was way worse than I'd have liked. Seat stay and chain stays real chipped up. So at this point I'm thinking of upgrading the non working Coda hydro brakes to Mech. TRP's, and bulding it up into a Monster Cross rig with drop bars. Any feedback on value would be great. The Lefty does function 100% all I've really done is added air to my weight and removed the decals that were dusted. Since the condition of the frame is fair condition I don't see a point in keeping it original. Thought ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like the paint is perfect. They lefty needs a new decal. Other than that. What are your plans? You could always pull off all the original drive train. Stash it in a box. And do a upgrade... that is what I would do. Maybe a 1x10 or something...

Jon Possom

It looks like the paint is perfect. They lefty needs a new decal. Other than that. What are your plans? You could always pull off all the original drive train. Stash it in a box. And do a upgrade... that is what I would do. Maybe a 1x10 or something...

Thank You for the response. Its hard to see the paint flaws in the image but the chain stays on the drive side are really bad. I ended up cleaning them up, well the entire frame with buffing compound that got the frame cleaned up as best as possible. Then I used automotive wrap in the same white color on the chain stay to cover the damage and future protection. I'm going with your idea of storing the parts and building it up into a 1x10. Shimano SLX with the clutch system, Narrow wide chain ring up front, and drop bars. I took the wheels in yesterday to have them trued. Honestly want to replace the wheelset but still trying to figure out if the DLR fork will take later models of hubs that have the six bolt rotors as apposed to the four bolt. I called Dorel Ind. yesterday and spoke to product development but still I'm not clear on it. They said anything in a 50 would work but not a 60? Didn't want to seem like an idiot so I thanked them and went about my day. I did order a new set of decals for the Lefty from I believe You ? from eBay. I'm planing on using the bike for 30 to 60 mile rides for Bike packing/ Camping. Also looking for a nice set of skin wall tires.