WTB CAAD5 Frame

AussieCharger

Hi there

I am looking for a size 58 CAAD5 frame preferably in blue, green or yellow.

I do not need the fork but if the frame/fork are sold as a combo I would still certainly consider.

Please let me know what is available.

I am located in Melbourne, Australia.

Cheers

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Checked my CAAD5s, both are 60 cm. Not your colors but I think only .75 cm longer top tube than a 58.

Looking for solid colors or fades OK? 2002 R500 was solid yellow, 2003 R800 was solid blue. There were some other models with fades. Happy to facilitate if you find something in northern IL, southern WI, or eastern IA.

AussieCharger

Thanks for your reply.

I am happy to consider a 60, I ride a 60 CAAD12 so it wouldnt be an issue.

Let me know if you are looking to part with either.

As far as colours/fades go, I am really not fussed to be honest, just after the right bike.

Cheers

black lightning 1987

Staff member
After looking, I found that one of the frames is an Optimo. For some reason it was a CAAD5 in my head. I don't really want to sell the other one as I've been trying to collect an example of each series of US built road frames. Started with a 3.0, then a new CAAD4 R4000 - have been filling in the rest as I come across them.

Any interest in a 58 Optimo with custom paint for a team sponsored by big LA dealer Helen's Cycles? It's a 2003, essentially a CAAD7 with threaded BB shell. Main difference from CAAD5/6 was a bigger down tube. Looks a bit more blue in the pic than in person.

I've been looking around in the area. There's a CAAD5 on Milwaukee craigslist but it's a 56 cm.

2003 Optimo Team Riley.jpg