Where did you ride your Cannondale today?

IdahoBrett

I couldn't tell what brand of pedals you have. Everyone falls at least once. I met up with friends from STL and Alabama for a ride in southern IL a few years back and the AL guy (on a Synapse) failed to unclip at a stop sign and fell over. He wasn't new to clipless pedals. I change bikes all the time, most have clipless pedals. Even if the same cleat type, they don't always unclip the same way. Some of my Look pedals unclick easier if I rotate my heel inboard rather than outboard.
I find that when I'm tired making more of an effort to pull up on the pedal when riding clipless can help get over the hills.
Shimano Ultegra pedals. They were on the bike when I bought it but removed them as soon as I brought the bike home. Riding a bike is like riding a bike? Not really. There are hundreds of small skills that just weren’t there anymore. Like standing to pedal up an incline. Up until a month ago I couldn’t do it without feeling like I was going to crash. Cornering faster than 10 mph (16kph). I could go on.

I’m much more confident and daily usage of the pedals are getting to be second nature.

Yesterday a set of vintage Dura Ace clipless pedals showed up in the mailbox for the R500.

I still have plenty of bikes with toe straps so the hunt for a shoe that works for me goes on.

Jon K.

Now that the weather's sort of improved here (can never escape the wind in OOO-oklahoma), I've finally gotten the R600 outside. Mostly along the local paved cycling/walking trail near the house, so not as scenic as the Oregon Trail or the Lippetal, but it feels good to be outside.

I'll try to take pictures next time I'm on the trail, such as it is.