What do I have?

roKWiz

Caad 3 97 M900 level though the colour, front shocks doesn't match any catalogues.

Anyone have info on this frame? I purchased in 1998 and built it from ground up.
(Not actually me, paid Scottsdale Bike shop to build it). Took about 1 1/2 years to buy everything
I liked and put it together.

Only serial number I can see are;
LST20

See photo: https://sites.google.com/view/cad3/home
Caad 3 97 M900 level though the colour, front shocks doesn't match any catalogues.
How is that possible that the color is not in any catalogue?
Must have been a replacement frame or was meant to be sold as a frameset. Did it come with a fork?
Must have been a replacement frame or was meant to be sold as a frameset. Did it come with a fork?
No. Only the frame

MEENI

Is the bike in good light not more bright yellow
I agree with black lightning ... m900 original it comes with a p bone

roKWiz

Thats a better picture. Yep M900 96 catalogue page 19 rigid front forks.
Though the front C dale sticker is a later one.

Its funny, the more I look at the pictures and compare to the catalogues, the more I think its a 1996 M900 but with 1997 stickers applied to it. 96 had the second gen triangular front head sticker while the 97 had the third gen C front head sticker, you also have the front top tube front C "Worlds" sticker on it.

Last edited:

MEENI

Aahh theres the collor .....:)
Pretty sure its a replacment, theres no m900 decal on the frame.
Had one like this but cant find the picture right now

Aahh theres the collor .....:)
Pretty sure its a replacment, theres no m900 decal on the frame.
Had one like this but cant find the picture right now
The "C" is on the front (see profile pic)

So to keep it short, its either a 96 or 97 Caad3 m900?

black lightning 1987

Staff member
You may be able to find the two letter production date code under the cable guide. I can't see it in the photo. The bikes in the 1997 catalog don't appear to have the "handmade in USA" decal just behind the stem on the top tube. If the decals are original, that would suggest that it's a 1998 (model year) frame. The problem is: all 1998 CAAD3 frames were Headshok equipped. I'm wondering if it could have been a replacement frame made in 1998 to replace a frame made in a previous year, which most likely (given the color) would have been a 1996 M900.

You may be able to find the two letter production date code under the cable guide. I can't see it in the photo. The bikes in the 1997 catalog don't appear to have the "handmade in USA" decal just behind the stem on the top tube. If the decals are original, that would suggest that it's a 1998 (model year) frame. The problem is: all 1998 CAAD3 frames were Headshok equipped. I'm wondering if it could have been a replacement frame made in 1998 to replace a frame made in a previous year, which most likely (given the color) would have been a 1996 M900.
How should I list the year when I sell it, 96,97 or 98?

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I don't think it would affect the value much either way. I think I would call it a '96 if I was to say it's an M900 just because of the color. But you don't really have to pin a model number on it since it doesn't match spec anyway. The most accurate description would be to find the date code and call it a CAAD3.

I don't think it would affect the value much either way. I think I would call it a '96 if I was to say it's an M900 just because of the color. But you don't really have to pin a model number on it since it doesn't match spec anyway. The most accurate description would be to find the date code and call it a CAAD3.
Thanks for All the Help. Stay Safe, Healthy and Keep riding!