Wanted Cannondale SR 600 3.0 red and white

Chuck

I am looking for a 1990 SR 600 3.0 criterium frame or bike in the red and white paint scheme. 54 cm preferred.
Thank you for reading

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Can't recall ever seeing one of these, though you would think there would be a lot of them sold: 3.0 and 105 build.

Attachments

• 1990 SR600.jpg
    1990 SR600.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 879

Chuck

The dealer was Now Sports. At the time they had a chain of stores in the Twin Cities. If I am not mistaken Cannondale was the only brand that was carried.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Interesting that they only sold Cannondale. My dealer was On Two Wheels, co-owned by former 7-11 rider Jeff Bradley. They had two stores that also sold Trek, Specialized and (pre-Trek) LeMond, perhaps some others I don't recall. At some point they closed the Moline store, dropped most of their brands, and changed the name to The Trek Store.

Chuck

Trek and Specialized pretty much dominate the local shops in the Twin Cities now. We do have a very good shop in Saint Paul, Grand Performance that carries some very exotic road bikes. I bought 2 Kleins from Grand Performance in the 90's. The owner is a real goldmine of information and oddball old parts.

Hi Chuck,
I have a very nice unmolested 1988 Cannondale SR800 in red w/ white accents that's in very good condition. Not quite what you're looking for but pretty close. I bought it some time ago as I was really taken by how it looked. I need to thin the stable, and I think someone would enjoy it more than I do.
It has Shimano tri color components (one of my favorite groups, classy and reliable...) and some italian bits (Modolo stem, bars,...) It's all tuned, trued, and ready to ride. Not sure if you get to over to CA much...I'm going to ask $500. I might be way off here, but folks like vintage bikes here in SF...

black lightning 1987

Staff member
If you are interested in something in another color, I have a really nice blue 3.0 bike. Would have to verify but I think it's a 1988 SR800. As I recall it's a 54.5, but could be a 53. Not sure about the distinction between the road and crit frames, suppose mine could be either.

Chuck

Hi Chuck,
I have a very nice unmolested 1988 Cannondale SR800 in red w/ white accents that's in very good condition. Not quite what you're looking for but pretty close. I bought it some time ago as I was really taken by how it looked. I need to thin the stable, and I think someone would enjoy it more than I do.
It has Shimano tri color components (one of my favorite groups, classy and reliable...) and some italian bits (Modolo stem, bars,...) It's all tuned, trued, and ready to ride. Not sure if you get to over to CA much...I'm going to ask $500. I might be way off here, but folks like vintage bikes here in SF...
Thank you for responding. Do you have a picture?

Chuck

If you are interested in something in another color, I have a really nice blue 3.0 bike. Would have to verify but I think it's a 1988 SR800. As I recall it's a 54.5, but could be a 53. Not sure about the distinction between the road and crit frames, suppose mine could be either.
Thanks. I have a blue and white 3.0. I was looking for the red one to match it.