WANTED Caad 4 Fork

WyWy

Hey team

I am in need of a CAAD 4 fork with 1 inch steerer. Steerer length should be 190mm + (its to fit a 58cm frame).

In a perfect world it would be yellow / black to suit a yellow R1000 (refer image - not my bike) but I would take any colour.

Please let me know if you can please assist.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 411f0fadebd44fc2b51d60c2f3269bb8.jpg
    411f0fadebd44fc2b51d60c2f3269bb8.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 158

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Guessing from the length that you are thinking threaded. Another fork that may take some time to find. I'm missing one on an R4000 - currently running a Kestrel. Other period correct carbon forks would be Serotta F1, Look, Icon, Kinesis, Ritchey and Reynolds. The last two may have only been made with threadless steer tubes. Look for Slice forks when you search eBay. Threaded Slice forks were used on Cannondales through 2001. There are none currently listed on the USA site but you might check others. Later forks that might work for you include Nashbar, Winwood, and Columbus. The easiest way to get a carbon fork on a 1" head tube frame these days is to buy a new threadless Columbus Minimal. It's one of, if not the only 1" carbon fork currently available. May be available from European or UK sellers for less.

https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=84135&category=633

Before Performance Bike Shops went out of business, I purchased several carbon Nashbar forks for various 1" road bike projects. I believe they were the same as Winwood as they look identical. Made both threaded and threadless. There's a chance I still have a new one on hand. Let me know if you want me to look.

WyWy

Heya mate

thanks for the response!

I agree its going to be tricky!

I will have a look at your suggestions and certainly let you know if they would be appropriate.

Thanks once again for your message.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I don't mean to discourage you but I think that it may be tough to find the original fork in that length on its own. If you are committed to that fork, I'd suggest that you look for framesets and complete bikes on eBay. I wouldn't expect a bargain but it widens the search area a bit. You are going to be hampered by shipping costs though. It's a shame that my 1998 R4000 doesn't have the original fork. The frame has a very slight dent in the top tube, so will never be worth much. Unfortunately it has a Kestrel fork.