Touch up

This bike has plenty of missing paint. Chainstay area really rough. Found that this sun gloss yellow close enough. 3 coats then wrapped with old bar tape.
IMG_5875.jpeg
IMG_5923.jpeg
IMG_6082.jpeg
IMG_6081.jpeg

JohnnyD

Close enough that if you had done a little sanding to smooth out and blend the paint chips it would be very difficult to tell. As it is, it's close enough that I would say great job on a quick refresh to keep the bike looking good for a few more years to come.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Nice Job. Agree that you could do some sanding and/or filling with spot putty and smooth out the chips. Nothing to prevent you from doing that down the road.

80s frame but I didn't look up the year. Paint number could be helpful for others with the same year frame, please post it.

Paint Nice Job. Agree that you could do some sanding and/or filling with spot putty and smooth out the chips. Nothing to prevent you from doing that down the road.

80s frame but I didn't look up the year. Paint number could be helpful for others with the same year frame, please post it.
I didn’t even think of sanding a bit before paint. Will try that next time around. Frame is 86. Can’t find a paint code on can. As far as a code for year of frame, I wouldn’t know how to find it

letsbike

The frames serial number is on the bottom of the bottom bracket shell. Look on this websites homepage for how to decode it. You may need to remove the cable guide to see the whole thing.