The Trunnion is back... Gen 1 Jekyll?

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
So, it looks like the trunnion is back.

has anybody thought of adapting to our old 1st Gen Jekyll? it looks like the shortest is 6.5x1.5

1652400364465.png

also, new thread topic.... if anybody wants to add or have ideas... let's hear it. :)

JohnnyD

I've thought about it enough to realize that while it is "possible" it remains beyond my abilities in fabrication to make it work. Kind of like the crazy suspension on the gen 1 Super V from Italy..
I've also thought up the idea of an offset yoke/collar that could use the existing mounts on Gen 1 Jekyll's but allow you to position regular shock inside it. If that make any sense, if not I could hand sketch something up and snap picture of it.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
A yoke is what I thought up awhile ago when I had 4 Jekyll frames. I am now down to just 1 Mk2 Gen 1 jekyll. The Mk2 I believe have 135mm rear travel. The new Trunnion is at the end of the shock. Our jekyll's are kinda in the middle. If this new shock worked it would reduce the travel. This new style depends on the width of the head if it will fit in the Jekyll frame. I am not sure the diameter of the current trunnion lugs for frames. I will see if I can find info. Fox is about an hour away from me. :)

JohnnyD

I'd be OK with losing a little rear wheel travel to be honest. I am not a youngster anymore so I can't see myself taking my Jekyll off any huge drops or anything. It would be cool if it could fit though. Maybe I need to get you to run down to Fox and tell them to remake the DYAD they built for Cannondale frames around 2016 ish.. There are some super nice NOS Jekyll frames on e-bay that I wouldn't mind having..but without that pull style shock the frame is useless except as wall art.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I had a friend of a friend who worked there. Sadly Fox threw away all Cannondale everything around 2016. He said, we just threw it away.... ugh.

These new shocks are expensive.. I would like to see if it fits. My Jekyll Float needs a 2nd rebuild. I blew the 1st one of Mt. Tam.. scared me. lol

also blew a lefty and crack a frame on that mountain... haha

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
looks like the trunnion is 54mm spacing with M10 x 1.0mm threads. I will have to check our Gen 1 Jekyll..

JohnnyD

I guess I'll check mine out too. I recall a post somewhere (MTBR forums I think) stating they are M8, not a 100% sure though.