That I have?

Pedro L

Hi, I'm Pedro from Spain, I wanted to know what model and year this bike is.
Thank you.

unknown cannondale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Serial number might help. It looks like a time trial frame to me but I don't recall seeing a similar frame previously. Aluminum fork? That would put it 1989 or later. If the decals are original, I would guess 1989-1991.

Pedro L

Hello, the frame is aluminum, the stickers are from 1990 to 1996, with the serial number I have doubts since it is p3040527.

The bike was from the Banesto team

unknown sn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

I am pretty sure this is not a Cannondale. Do you have anymore history on the frame?

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I am guessing that it's not a production Cannondale. Construction looks similar though. I can't see the dropout area in the picture. Cannondale used cantilever dropouts on their road frames from 1989 to 1996. Cannondale was looking to get into European cycling in that era. I know Banesto switched from TVT to Pinarello at some point in the early to mid 1990s. Perhaps Cannondale built them some prototypes to test.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I honestly think it's a Cannondale prototype. I don't see anything in your pictures that is inconsistent with the way Cannondales were made. A friend that was on a USA Cannondale team told me that he used to get frames that were not in production, so we know at minimum that frames exist that aren't in the catalogs.