Tell me about this bike

jules

Hi All, I bought this Cannondale from my neighbor for $75 bucks. I went through a bit of a hoarding phase where i had 6 bikes and not a lot of room to store them. So I am considering selling this one because I primarily ride a Giant, but i was hoping if this community could tell me more about it. The prices are all over the place and with that in mind, should I end up selling, I would not want to get low balled or let this gem go for less than it's worth. I would rather keep it than give it to someone who won't enjoy.

The bike picture is a R800-CAAD 4

Attachments

• Canondale.jpg
    Canondale.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

black lightning 1987

Staff member
CAAD4 with Ultegra is a pretty nice ride. High end of similar recent sales is probably this Dura-Ace equipped bike with Aksium wheels and Microshift shifters:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-R1000...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I'm kind of surprised that it brought that much given the age and the lower end wheels and shifters. There was another recent sale of a D-A bike that brought just shy of $1000. Condition can have a major effect on the price. Guessing that your bike should be worth $500, perhaps more if really nice.