Super V 700 (99) Black / Yellow

gfacer

I put in complete 'dales for sale when I should go here. $250 CDN, small frame, looks in good shape to me. 6.5" shock (I asked). Not mine but it wasn't small....

JohnnyD

Funny thing happened after seeing your posts.. I got off my butt and looked on FB marketplace myself for some bikes nearby, if within 250 miles is nearby to you. Guess what I found a couple of interesting gems I might just keep an eye one for a little bit. The used bike market isn't very hot right now so I'll give it a couple of weeks more to see if the one I am eyeballing is going to sell. So thanks for the link to FB!

gfacer

Lol, I'm going to pause until I get the lefty shock back, setup the bike seat better (it came with some janky seat that had zero adjustment) and see how it fits.

If it fits, maybe if this one is still available I can buy for the color and swingarm but still a lot of work moving parts around then.

It's more likely I keep the SX I bought if it fits and sell off I don't. I'd probably ebay the frame and the rebuilt lefty separately but with links.

And, in further news I bought a similar year Brodie fury aluminum hardtail locally for $50. The tires on it looked close to what I might use on whatever fits and they were more than $50 new so......

An other bike with character (local brand for me) but that I'll have no qualms about modernizing as it's definitely in rougher shape.

gfacer

Actually the Brodie is in a lot rougher shape!

But, after buying that I came across a vintage bike swap meet which I went too today. "My" 88 SM600 in black / red was there.....I mean it probably wasn't actually mine but it was in good shape. $450CDN they were asking for it.

Some other cool bikes and the designer of the Brodie brand was there. If anything there version of vintage was slightly older than mine, most stuff was 90's and earlier.

gfacer

Wellllll......

Guy with a 99 (I think) Raven 700 for sale wants it gone for $50.

I think that would give a backup, not bonded type, swingarm for the 700sx. It will be either put on if the 700 fits me or sold with the 700sx if I sell it. I think it fits with no change to the shock.

He says the headshok is working so the rest I might just part out on eBay.

gfacer

Just to wrap up this thread, I did but this after the other bikes were stolen, for $100. Grip shift shifters look neat but not my thing. Headshok (sl) cartridge wasn't working but wasn't hard to fix up a bit.