SOLD 1999 Cannondale F500 Mean Green ($150)

rickpaulos

Cannonale F500
model year 1999
Mean Green
size is medium. It would fit someone about 5'5" - 5'8".

Many more photos here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rickpaulos/albums/72157712221583481

Selling because it is too small for me, I have way to many bikes. Had fun riding it this winter and I'm ready for another bike for spring.

In decent shape.
HeadShok fork is still a bit rough but getting smoother the more I ride it.
Good urban bike. Shock fork, shock seat post and wide tires smooth out all the bumps and cracks in Iowa City streets.
The current tires have worked well on all the sand in town. Lots of grip. I haven't been sliding on the loose stuff everywhere.
XT derailleur.
Rapid fire shifters.
Mavic rim.
Quick release hubs.
Sturdy pedals (not plastic junk).
Coda crank (Cannondale's own make)
3x8 (24 speed gearing)
made in USA.

Lock, LED Headlight and blinky tail light included.

needs? could use better rear brake pads. They aren't worn out but they don't grip well.

I've been using this as a winter commuter on the non-snowy days. With its age, I would not recommend it for single track mountain bike trails. There are newer bikes that are better for dirt.

cash only.
in Iowa City mondays tuesdays wednesdays
in Cedar Rapids fridays sundays.

Not willing to ship. (last bike I shipped got crushed by the UPS gorillas).

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I wish it was bigger as well. Well worth the price if I can get to IC in the next couple of weeks. Bob Mould and Rick Nielsen shows are on my calendar. I'm with you about UPS. They crushed a custom Serotta MTB that I bought on eBay. I got my money back but lost out on a one-off bike. UPS refused to honor the insurance the seller had purchased, claimed the box didn't meet their standards. The seat stays were kinked close to 45 degrees. It would have taken one stiff box to prevent damage from the load that UPS put on the frame. Had to have been hit with a truck or forklift to do that kind of damage. No excuse for them weaseling out of covering it.