Six13 bottom bracket

Tc68

So I’m stripping & upgrading my saeco six13 & it’s got a dura ace crank set on it 6800 I think, but I thought all these were bb30! Thoughts?

Attachments

• 5D903766-8B1F-47C5-B67E-75644B6DB08D.jpeg
    5D903766-8B1F-47C5-B67E-75644B6DB08D.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 99

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I had a CAAD9 BB30 frame that had a threaded sleeve bonded into it. I assume that was the simplest way to install to install a threaded bottom bracket in the BB30 frames.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
That's a tough one. I don't know of anything that would dissolve epoxy and anything that would will surely take the paint right off. I suppose you might find a good machine shop that could cut it out with a boring bar on a milling machine. It would be tough to set it up securely and accurately, and you'd still have to clean the epoxy off the bore and the snap ring grooves without damaging the existing surfaces.

Have you pulled the crank? There are some BB30 to threaded adapters out there that are not bonded. Perhaps you will be lucky and have one of them.

If you have the bonded sleeve, I would go with a high end Campagnolo crank and call it good. Pretty sure that bike would have come with Record 10 build when new, you can still find pretty nice used parts.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I hope you will be able to use it, but if not, you shouldn't have any trouble finding a buyer for it. Interested to hear what you find when you get DA BB out.