Seriously!

gfacer

So, bought a couple of old Cannondale mtb, messaged about it a bit about them here and then they both were stolen.

99 Raven 700 and 2000 superv 700sx (photos in the gallery)

Obviously money lost wasn't huge although I wish I didn't send the lefty of for service first!

Seriously thinking about buying some cheap super V style bikes, some tile trackers, and a decal kit and making some bait bikes up.

Unfortunately, my experience has been that "Cannondale" reads "steal me" in some thief specific language.

JohnnyD

So, bought a couple of old Cannondale mtb, messaged about it a bit about them here and then they both were stolen.

99 Raven 700 and 2000 superv 700sx (photos in the gallery)

Obviously money lost wasn't huge although I wish I didn't send the lefty of for service first!

Seriously thinking about buying some cheap super V style bikes, some tile trackers, and a decal kit and making some bait bikes up.

Unfortunately, my experience has been that "Cannondale" reads "steal me" in some thief specific language.
I am still bummed you had your bikes stolen. I love the idea of a bait bike, except that once you find the bastard who stole them you get to whip them with a chain... maybe then they will just get a damn job and EARN what they have in life.

gfacer

Don't laugh but this is the bait bike. Like the 2nd super V I bought, I will paint this matte black and put on some yellow cdale decals coming in from eBay.

For $60 CDN, it's better equipped than I needed, but the disc brakes and moto style fork I figured would match the look of the lefty. I'm putting a cheaper cassette I had on it because most the the parts are deore level and I had a spare and it's clean and black (dork disc is a candidate for the tile tracker hiding spot so black might be functionally better too).

Disc brakes are falling apart but that's fine for the purpose.

It's all apart now to paint. Will post again with the final result, and I'll post my tile tracker (tile pro) usefulness / range results too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604-200743.png
    Screenshot_20230604-200743.png
    668.6 KB · Views: 63

gfacer

I was able to "steal back" the bike after it showed up on Craigslist. Would have tried the police but opportunity arose and the police didn't indicate they were willing to do too much.

If I had a serial number and an address they might swing by and see if it was outside was the reply so I was sort of on my own.