R400

IdahoBrett

Finished some component swapping. Except the planned brifters. The Sora’s will stay. They’re in good shape mechanically. The 105 calipers are a nice upgrade. They “feel” better. On the stand.

All new cables while I was at it as well.

Bar tape is next.
IMG_0686.jpeg
IMG_0687.jpeg

IdahoBrett

I got the bars wrapped. Not perfectly, but it will have to do.

I went for a pedal and all is working well. A tad more adjustment is needed on the rear brakes to even up the pull between levers. But I’m happy. My legs are rubbery and I can’t stand on one leg by itself, so it was a productive pedal…
IMG_0688.jpeg
IMG_0689.jpeg
IMG_0690.jpeg

JohnnyD

Looks great. I wont comment on having leg issues after a long ride. NOPE, not with my 52nd birthday right around the corner!
I've got to ask what bike are you looking at for #9 ?

IdahoBrett

A touring bike is gonna have to fall out of the sky and hit me in the head for it to be #9. I am full. I am going to have to get creative as it is. Or that 911 tribute frame. I do have the inseam for it…..

JohnnyD

A touring bike is gonna have to fall out of the sky and hit me in the head for it to be #9. I am full. I am going to have to get creative as it is. Or that 911 tribute frame. I do have the inseam for it…..
I'm still keeping tabs on a '03 F800 with a Lefty and a '13 Scalpel. I just need a better bike transport vehicle more. We'll see by the end of the year if I bite on either of them.