please help me id my new f something.

pad

i just got this headshok equipped caad2 bike, it rides great but i'd like to know how it started life. the date code is jf so 98-99. but no f number on the top tube. the paint scheme doesn't appear in the catalog for either year. the guy i got it from said the guy he got it from said it used to be a police bike. i said 'doubt' but:... maybe? the bike shop sticker is from a chain with stores in phoenix. & phoenix cops did ride cannondales at one point in the 90's. any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
1030211623.jpg
1030211623a.jpg
1030211623b.jpg
1030211624.jpg
1030211624a.jpg

Attachments

• 1030211625.jpg
    1030211625.jpg
    883.6 KB · Views: 72

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Looks to me like a police issued cannondale. They were always White or Black with reverse decals and usually always a caad2. The frame would be the same as whatever caad2 was for 1998/99.

pad

Looks to me like a police issued cannondale. They were always White or Black with reverse decals and usually always a caad2. The frame would be the same as whatever caad2 was for 1998/99.
excellent! thank you!

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
From my memory, the police models used generic random parts. These were able to be purchased because it "was" a USA company. Cannondale made the standard CAAD2 frame and it came in white or black. The package had a generic group set/rims etc. The department would then label the bikes with a decal etc.

It is up to you. You can either clean it up and ride it as is. Or just use the frame/forks as a base and do what you like. They are not a highly collector bike. But they are a well made in the USA frame/fork. If it was my call, I would probably redo all the parts and rock a generic white police Cannondale. :)

black lightning 1987

Staff member
thank you but i think we're looking @ different catalogs i couldn't find anything on pg. 30
I am looking at a print copy of the 1999 full line catalog, the one with the Volvo rider (Cadel Evans?) on the cover. The police bikes are mentioned on the same page with the F900 and F700. I believe there's a copy of that catalog in the catalog section.