Pepperoni vs. Standard

IdahoBrett

What benefit(s) other than stiffness does a Pepperoni fork offer over a standard fork?

The 93 M500 I just bought has a standard fork and while perusing ebay I came across a purple Pepperoni. Just random thoughts. No particular reason to modify my new to me M500.

Thanks

black lightning 1987

Staff member
The Pepperoni would be lighter than the steel fork. What diameter steerer does your fork have? The 1993-4 Pepperonis were 1.25", but later ones were 1.125". I assume that the frames that came with a steel fork had a smaller diameter head tube.

IdahoBrett

The Pepperoni would be lighter than the steel fork. What diameter steerer does your fork have? The 1993-4 Pepperonis were 1.25", but later ones were 1.125". I assume that the frames that came with a steel fork had a smaller diameter head tube.
I haven’t measured it, but I assumed since it was a 93 it would be 1.25”. And as @JohnnyD mentioned in another post that makes it difficult vs. 1.125” for parts.

At this point it’s a thought exercise. Unlikely that I would change anything, since the bike is so complete and functioning as is.

JohnnyD

I haven’t measured it, but I assumed since it was a 93 it would be 1.25”. And as @JohnnyD mentioned in another post that makes it difficult vs. 1.125” for parts.

At this point it’s a thought exercise. Unlikely that I would change anything, since the bike is so complete and functioning as is.
I am relieved that it is just a thought exercise at the moment. That bike is nice just the way it is, small little paint chips part of the beauty of owning a 30 year old bike.

I am curious about the headtube size myself though after reading this because I had forgotten about the steel forks like the M500 has. Please let me know when you get a chance to measure it.