People say I'm crazy

MarineBiker

About 3 weeks ago I was searching Ebay for a Cannondale Killer V frame, the one with the solid rear. During my search I came across this beauty. It's a 1997, Mango Super V 900Comp . It came with a functional FOX Vanilla rear shock, upper and lower headtube bearings and races and the seller threw in a Fatty 70 Headshok fork. The main frame is in pretty good shape considering the age. The rear triangle needs to be refinished and I'm going to paint the fork to match. Sourcing components, thank you Ebay has been a chore as well as an education. So far I've picked up used Cannondale seat post and handle bar. The stem is also NOS Cannondale, the grips are RaceFace. I've also picked up a set of Deore T-610 brake levers, Deore M6000 shift levers and a Deore XT M786 10 spd rear derailleur, As I get more stuff, I'll update this post. Oh, as far as the title, people, even Cannondale people are telling me that I'm crazy for this rebuild cause I could get a newer, more modern bike for the same money I'm gonna spend on this project. It doesn't phase me because I heard the same thing when I restored and modified a 1978 280Z.

Attachments

• Cannondale1.jpg
    Cannondale1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 46
  • Cannondale2.jpg
    Cannondale2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 47
  • Cannondale3.jpg
    Cannondale3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 46

JohnnyD

Definitely not crazy, I have 1994 Super V 2000 (I can never thank Brian enough for it) that has an entire SRAM NX/GX eagle 12 speed driven train on it, not to mention the Magura MT5 brakes, custom rear disc brake modification.. and a bunch of other goodies. Cost wise, yeah I could've bought a newer bike that performs better, But look as cool. NOT going to happen!!!!