One more for the stable?

IdahoBrett

After recently adding a Prophet to my small (2) collection of Cannondale’s I started contemplating finding another. Since I‘ve got a hardtail and a FS the next logical step is a rigid. The Beast of the East has caught my attention. But they’re few in my searches for sale. Let alone in LG or XL.

I might’ve found a ‘95 M500 for cheap. I messaged the seller and waiting…It looks to be in great shape. Not sure about the color though…

IMG_0474.jpeg

IdahoBrett

I’m going to “look” at the M500 in the morning. It’s advertised as a 95. But thanks to the extensive catalog links I’ve tentatively identified it as a 1993. The color is a match for that year and the placement of the decals. Other items like the headset/steerer tube is older than 95. That path of research came from @JohnnyD

How about another photo from the ad(the color is growing on me):

IMG_0476.jpeg
IMG_0475.jpeg

JohnnyD

Pretty sure its a '93 too.
Like I've said before, I have this "thing" for 3.0 series frames. I wouldn't trade my beloved '92 M700 for anything.

IdahoBrett

The M500 came home with me. Surprised? No, not really…

It’s been in storage for years. He has another Cannondale. An SM700. I let him know if he ever wants to part with it to let me know.

JohnnyD

Most definitely a 93 M500. It's still sporting the original shifters, brakes and group set. Very nice find for that price!

JohnnyD

Well you've got the three main types covered nicely. Full suspension, hard tail and rigid. Now it's time to look for a bike that just "speaks" to you. For me it's something newer than 2008 that I desperately want, but that is another story..
That said, No Cannondale collection is complete without at least ONE Super V!

IdahoBrett

If I find a Super V in blue that is XL, I’ll pounce on a good deal.

I’d like a cyclocross bike but they are rare.

IdahoBrett

I’ve seen some pretty neat photo edited pics online over the years. They’re getting better. Scary better.

Or how ‘bout the old fashioned way; a gathering. Like at a campground somewhere in the US next summer?

p.s. I might have a line on a XL Beast of the East. Stay tuned….