Lefty suspension onto contro4 frame

Isaac.owen

Evening all,
I love my Contro4 but since seeing a lovely new slate in store have wondered if it would be possible/feasible to swap on a lefty suspension fork for the rigid fork that is on there. I know there will definitely be a regular fork that will fit but want to keep the unique lefty look.

I don't have the bike with me now but know that the issue i found in my early investigations was the length of the steerer tube (correct name) on the Contro was about 40mm longer IIRC than a normal lefty steerer tube.

my thoughts were is there a lefty fork that has adjustable/removable clamps that i could adjust the steerer length to suit mine?
the other, harder option I considered was to take a normal Lefty and machine off the cast in mounts and have new suitable clamps made up, have connections through work so wouldn't be stupid expensive.
in this ebay listing it looks like they're bolted to clamp it onto the fork body, is that correct?
http://r.ebay.com/12DV2p

thanks for your thoughts guys, i know this is Vintage Cannondale, but you guys seem to be pretty knowledgeable and helpful!
Isaac

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 194
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 187
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 178