Lefty Max 140 (‘07)

IdahoBrett

So I’ve got a line on a 2007 Prophet 4 Lefty. In great shape. I’ve done a fair amount of reading and searching. And the more I learn the less enthusiastic I am about buying the bike. Just the seal kit (kf225) is out of stock everywhere. Not to mention specialized tools.

What would you fine folks here on vintage Cannondale be concerned about? Is this vintage of Lefty worth the hassles of lack of parts for basic service? Not afraid of working on my own bikes. But the Lefty seems pretty technical. I know of @MendonCycleSmith. And if that is the method of future maintenance it adds extra expense I’m not sure I want to deal with it.

Thanks

IdahoBrett

The day the seller and I are in town at the same time has arrived. I wasn’t the least bit worried about someone else buying the bike before I got a chance to look at it. His asking price is…$1100. I can’t afford that and I believe the value the value to be substantially lower than that.

Anyway, finishing my coffee then I’m off to have a look. Wish me luck…

I snagged a pic from the ad, enjoy…
IMG_0425.jpeg

IdahoBrett

I made a fair offer in my opinion and stuck to it. He came down but we were 100 bucks apart. I went home without the bike. I may yet hear from him I suspect. He has a garage full of various bike types.
Cheers all…..

IdahoBrett

The afternoon wasn’t busy enough. Thoughts of a new to me Cannondale just kept popping up. A deal was struck via the hi-tech way of texting. I’ll pick it up tomorrow afternoon….

My name is IdahoBrett and I (might) have aproblem…..

IdahoBrett

Yep, I'm suffering from envy. Especially for the Lefty Max on the bike! Let us know how the first ride goes.
I will! Funny thing though. The brand new Kryptonite combo cable lock wouldn’t unlock last night. It has been locked/unlocked maybe a total of five times since we bought it.

We parked outside a restaurant after picking up the bike. So I locked it up. I googled last night and came to the conclusion that after I finish my morning coffee I’m going to buy a pair of bolt cutters.