Is this a nice f300 and what year do you think?

LucyV

Saw this in classifieds. £150 so a bit pricey. (edit: possibly 1997)
I thought the forks don't look original... any comments on the bike in general? I'd use it as a commuter/occasional gravel.

I like a large frame and the yellow is pretty, so I'm on the fence.

Lucy

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 11.58.38.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-19 at 11.58.38.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

rickpaulos

The 97 catalog specs reads Rock Shox Quadra 5 black fork. I can't make out the decal well enough to tell what the fork is but is sure doesn't look like a Rock Shox. I see there are some spacers under the frame, perhaps to change head angle or overall height or they just didn't know how to install a fork. That looks strange and i can't imagine a manufacturer sending a bike out like that. And a silver spacer at the top? Might just need some respacing which is easy to do. Rear brake stop for cantis but it has v-brakes now. Smooth tread tires, good for commuting, lousy for loose gravel. Pretty clean looking. IMO, not a bad price for what you want.

You listed the price in pounds. Is the bike in England? Shipping would be quite high.

No photo of this model in the catalog?

LucyV

Hi - thank you for the educated eye. I did find it - a mango f300, in the 1997 Euro catalog. I live near this bike so hopefully I can have look this weekend. I’m in the UK now. Prob didn’t update my profile.