Hi from Brighton, UK.

sjb

Hi, I've had a few Cannondales since my first, a polished killer v900 in 1993 (a very early production bike that was used in the UK mags as a test bike).
I've always loved the polished frames so I've built up a little collection again, all from the 1994 catalogue!! The killer vs are very early 94my bikes, one a 4/93, the other a 5/93. The R900 is 1/94.

Xx1k4t5.jpg

The killer v with the road tyres now has Psyco K's fitted as per UK spec.

I'm toying with the idea of building a weight weenie with this one....

gxWjv0r.jpg

Cheers!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Nice to see a collection with a theme. Have you weighed the R900 as it is? It could be lightened up quite a bit if you want to throw a lot of money at it.

sjb

Nice to see a collection with a theme. Have you weighed the R900 as it is? It could be lightened up quite a bit if you want to throw a lot of money at it.
Thanks. Yes it is very easy to lighten the bike considerably, chainset for the new SISL2, Columbus minimal forks, pedals etc. It's just over 18.5lbs right now and to be honest I've just decided I'm going to keep it mostly period correct with the DA7400. The DT carbon wheels will stay though, I love the whooshing sound they make and they are so light!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I think that's the right choice. 18.5 is still pretty light, 7400 works great and is probably going to last longer than most modern groups. The wheels give it a modern look, so you have a nice compromise of vintage and modern.

Reactions: sjb