Hi, could anyone help pls identify?

Nick Beale

Hi
Picked this up and wondered if anybody could identify or authentic?
It's been painted by the looks of things so I cant find serial numbers etc?
Brought from Market Place lastnight.
Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20201008_083047.jpg
    20201008_083047.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 133
  • 20201008_083114.jpg
    20201008_083114.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 151
  • 20201008_083128.jpg
    20201008_083128.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 157
  • 20201008_083104.jpg
    20201008_083104.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 135
  • 20201008_083055.jpg
    20201008_083055.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 128
  • 20201008_083047.jpg
    20201008_083047.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 131

Nick Beale

Hi
it's been painted over, I'm starting to doubt it's a cannondale frame tbh, I have the option of refund, so might take that and keep a look here.

Nick Beale

Oh dear, me thinks No. A really bad fake.
Thank you, while that's bad to hear it's also good in other respects as I'm able to return it, its obviously been painted recently and the stickers added, I was just unsure if the frame its self could be cannondale, but it's not looking so, a friend of mine is into MTB and he said it might be but hes never seen a Cannondale like it.
Many thanks

Nick Beale

After taking a closer look, I agree with roKWiz. The unfinished welds are enough evidence that it is not a Cannondale.
Thank you all so much for taking the time to clarify, I returned it this evening.
Hopefully I'll find one here as I've lost faith in buying from elsewhere and set my heart on owning one now.
Thanks again for all the help!

roKWiz

Thank you all so much for taking the time to clarify, I returned it this evening.
Hopefully I'll find one here as I've lost faith in buying from elsewhere and set my heart on owning one now.
Thanks again for all the help!

Sorry for the bad news.
Just out of curiosity, was it a heavy bike ? It looks like a steel frame.
Cannondale was most famous for Hand building 6061T6 aircraft aluminium frames and hence why Cannondale frame are so much sort after now due to the hand finished smooth welded process only a handmade frame could achieve.
Something to keep in mind if you are still looking for one.
Look for oversize tubing, swaged down tubes, super lightweight and above all the way the tubing is joined together even if there are no identifying numbers, paint or decals.

Nick Beale

It was a really light bike, definitely aluminium frame.
A few things I questioned was the frame looked relatively new with cable layout, but the head stem was an old 2 bolt and rst forks which are bottom of range as far as I know, I'm no expert just guess work tbh.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Don't hesitate to post about anything you may be interested in buying in the future.

Assuming that you are looking for a front suspension MTB, I'd be looking out for F series Cannondales from the mid 1990s through mid 2000s.

Nick Beale

Don't hesitate to post about anything you may be interested in buying in the future.

Assuming that you are looking for a front suspension MTB, I'd be looking out for F series Cannondales from the mid 1990s through mid 2000s.
Yes it was a mountain bike I'm looking for, I would have liked a full suspension bike, I grabbed the front only one becuase it came up locally.
And thank you I will post here immediately next time.
Many thanks for all the help that's been offered, its greatly appreciated!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I don't know much about the full suspension models as my Cannondale MTBs have all been either rigid or Headshok models. Hopefully one of our members will be able to give advice if you come across a full suspension model.

Nick Beale

I don't know much about the full suspension models as my Cannondale MTBs have all been either rigid or Headshok models. Hopefully one of our members will be able to give advice if you come across a full suspension model.
Assuming I do find one, I'll post here immediately in the hope somebody could help.
Many thanks!