Headshok Gaiters Recreated!

trialsstar3

Hi Guys I've been working on producing new Headshok gaiters. Thses are exact replicas of the original 8 rib Cannondale items. Moulds have been taken from an original new old stock Cannondale unit.
I'm still refining the production technique and adjusting the material properties.
Planning on producing these in Yellow and black.
It would be great to try and gauge interest and demand for these before I pour too much time and money into these.
Thanks
20211030_095332.jpg

20211030_095609.jpg
20211030_095759.jpg

black lightning 1987

Staff member
That's great. If you look through old threads, I'm sure there have been some members looking for them. I currently have six Headshok frames. I might be interested in having a spare or two. You should message Craig at Mendon Cyclesmith. He'd be the best person to ask about demand.

trialsstar3

That's great. If you look through old threads, I'm sure there have been some members looking for them. I currently have six Headshok frames. I might be interested in having a spare or two. You should message Craig at Mendon Cyclesmith. He'd be the best person to ask about demand.
Ahh thanks, I'll drop him a message at some point for his thoughts. Gotta love a Fatty

JohnnyD

Thanks Man,
It's been a bit of an obsession and I like an engineering challenge.
I know what you mean, except I tend to express mine in wood. Although I do have have this crazy idea I am experimenting with now for a aluminum bash guard for my Jekyll that ties into the bottom bracket spacers and the bottle cage mount on the bottom of the down tube.

trialsstar3

I know what you mean, except I tend to express mine in wood. Although I do have have this crazy idea I am experimenting with now for a aluminum bash guard for my Jekyll that ties into the bottom bracket spacers and the bottle cage mount on the bottom of the down tube.
Ooo interesting... I remember when all trials bikes had bash guards fitted. Used them alot in competition... Nowadays the trials riding style has changed so much that they're not really used.
Let me know if you need a hand in any way I could possibly draw up a DXF for laser cutting and bending it. Or even make up an aluminium prototype if you send me some sizes.

JohnnyD

I'll certainly keep your offer in mind since I use the good old tired and true CAD (cardboard aided design) method for a lot of things like this.