Greetings from CT

dandal2k

Hi everybody, I've joined this forum to get more information about a bike my brother-in-law gave me years ago. It's a 1987 Cannondale "900 Turbo" road bike. I rode it for some years, but it's been sitting in the garage for a decade or more as I've moved on to tamer bikes. I'd like to find out more about the bike, what it may be worth, and how to sell it to someone who will give it a good home and a second life. Dan

dandal2k

Thanks for the response. Here are some pictures. Sorry the bike is so dirty - as I said, it's been a long time since it was on the road. Shimono derailleurs and brakes, Mavic rims
Cannondale1.jpg Cannondale2.jpg Cannondale3.jpg Cannondale4.jpg Cannondale5.jpg

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I think that's a 1987 SR1000 with a 63 cm frame. It would have had SunTour Superbe Pro components originally. It could be an early example of the 1988 SR500 which was 6 speed Shimano 105, but it has the 1987 top tube decal style. The 1988 frame had a Shimano 105 decal on the right chain stay, just in front of the cable stop. If you can peel back the chainstay protector a bit, you might be able to see it. Have a look at the catalogs.