fresh find. 1983 serial number AA.....

rickpaulos

First year of production.
1983 Cannondale Touring model. 21" frame. Maroon. stock. No pedals.
serial number is AA02521 (there may be more digits under the cable guide - I check that when I clean it more)
In good shape. A few minor scratches. no dents. Rims are straight and the sidewalls are quite good. The zinc plated spokes are rather oxidized and could use replacing with stainless steel for a much better look. Friction shift 15 speed.

Once I get this thoroughly cleaned up it will be up for sale. it was covered in a pretty thick layer of dust as where the two other bikes from the same source. (2000ish Schwinn Frontiers- his kids bikes).

I removed the zip tied on computer harness (no computer) so the bike can be cleaned. Gone is the the bent wb cage and the worn out spd-r pedals. Aired up the tires for now. One presta valve stem is long and smooth, the other long and threaded so both are not original.

Attachments

• IMG_4896.JPG
    IMG_4896.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4895.JPG
    IMG_4895.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 125

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Interesting bike, cool to see a 1983 model. Does the paint look to be original? I only remember "red" in '83-4, thought it was quite a bit lighter. You can probably make the spokes look pretty nice by going over them with steel wool and Mother's. Doubt it would pay to replace the spokes.

rickpaulos

Original paint and decals. It's more of a maroon. I bought one when they first came out. (still have that one). I'll have to check the serial number on it. I always wanted a bright red model like the Saeco editon or the XR800. Still more bikes on my wish list of hundreds that I just don't have the room for or need.