Derailleur hanger for a SH600 from 1990

ChrisW

Does anyone know where to get a derailleur hanger for this 1990 SH600? My bike shop said it's a bit bent to adjust the gears properly.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_124645.jpg
    IMG_20211127_124645.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 75

JohnnyD

Yep, it's a wheels #16.. Thankfully all my bikes use the same hanger so I will always have a spare, well OK two since I bought a Wheels #16 as well.
The official Cannondale model , Wheels MFG . Pretty much the same price so take your pick. I am pretty sure Jenson , WorldWide Cyclery , and Universal Cycles have them as well, at least the Wheel MFG #16.

I am not surprised that it's a bit bent , I am surprised that your LBS doesn't have a derailleur hanger tool to straighten it out. I guess they want you to buy another one.. Unless it's seriously bent, which from the picture it is not, they can be straightened out. I've had to do it on my M700. Go figure that after nearly 30 yrs it was tweaked a bit. Took me about 5 minutes to check it with the tool and fix the issue.

ChrisW

Thank you!
He told me he actually has a tool to straighten it out, but said if I can get one new he would prefer it, because there would always be the danger to brake it in the process. It's not heavily twisted, so I guess the risk is low.

JohnnyD

I would agree with the risk being low. I would still consider buying on as a backup though. The whole point of the derailleur hanger was to create a point of failure that could be replaced if severely damaged so having a backup is cheap insurance in my opinion.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I would agree with the risk being low. I would still consider buying on as a backup though. The whole point of the derailleur hanger was to create a point of failure that could be replaced if severely damaged so having a backup is cheap insurance in my opinion.

I agree. Probably can be straightened assuming the shop has the tool to check it. These hangers fit a bunch of Cannondales, so I'd guess that Wheels will keep them in stock for a long time in the future.