Cannondale "Killer" vs. "Delta"

ChrisW

Would like to add a vintage (<1995) Cannondale Killer or Delta to my collection, but would like to know the general difference between these two models if there is any! Have seen both with headshocks.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
The (rigid rear) DV/KV style first appeared with the 1992 DeltaV 900. There's a picture of mine in the gallery, though mine has SunTour instead of the original Shimano LX. Early Delta Vs could be either fully suspended or Headshok only. After the introduction of the Super V, the Delta V models became front suspension only. The Killer V models were introduced in 1995 and were rigid front and rear, while the DV frame became an option on the headshok equipped F1000 and F700. Those two models were the last frames called Delta V. In 1996 the KVs were rigid, but most if not all Headshok equipped models in size S had a KV style frame, as did the rigid 14" M500. 1997 offerings were the rigid KV 900 and Headshok KV 900 HT. In 1998 the KV 700 and 900 were both Headshok equipped, and the first KV frames to be called CAAD2. It would be interesting to know if the CAAD2 KV frames were different in any way from the earlier models. The last of the KV style was the Headshok equipped 1999 KV700. I would be surprised if there's any difference in the DV and KV frames, but can't say for sure as I've only owned the one. The CAAD 2 frames may have some differences in tubing, perhaps someone who knows will post.