For Sale Cannondale F1000 Polished AL (medium) - 1996 CAAD3

Item for sale.

gilbenton

A Cannondale collector's bike: Hand built by me in college while managing a bike store in Atlanta
Original F1000, polished frame (only available for a few years)
Original Headshock / Fatty Air Front Suspension (works perfectly and high-pressure pump included, see pic)
ONZQ CNC brakes, CODA CNC cranks (sealed "outboard" bearings, hollow extruded aluminum... very rare!)
Syncros seat post

$1200

Attachments

• IMG_2607.JPG
    IMG_2607.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2608.JPG
    IMG_2608.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2609.JPG
    IMG_2609.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2611.JPG
    IMG_2611.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2612.JPG
    IMG_2612.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2613.JPG
    IMG_2613.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2614.JPG
    IMG_2614.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2616.JPG
    IMG_2616.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2620.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2617.JPG
    IMG_2617.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 21

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Very cool bike. I don't remember those Onza brakes but my 1995 M900 came with Onza pedals. Can you post a picture of the bottom bracket? Are the chainrings milled separately or all in one piece? I've never seen that crank or bottom bracket - they were only standard on three models in 1996 (I haven't checked later catalogs).

You should list the frame size. I think that it was stamped in the lower right (as you read the characters) of the bottom bracket shell in 1996. Sizes were S, M, L, and X.

From what I can see, the bike is very close to original spec. The Coda 900 crank and bottom bracket are correct for the year but were actually only standard on three higher end bikes. Catalog shows GripShift SRT-800 X-Ray shifters but the LX Rapidfire shifters may have been a mid year substitution or the result of a supply issue.

Nico

Ow nice, a CODA Magic Crank. These were designed by the famous Alex Pong, known for the Pong bike or V4000
These bb's have become really expensive now when I look on Ebay.

Great you have the original chain rings, and to answer black lightning's question, these are separate chain rings.
There is another type of CODA crack were the chain rings are milled out of one peace.

gilbenton

Very cool bike. I don't remember those Onza brakes but my 1995 M900 came with Onza pedals. Can you post a picture of the bottom bracket? Are the chainrings milled separately or all in one piece? I've never seen that crank or bottom bracket - they were only standard on three models in 1996 (I haven't checked later catalogs).

You should list the frame size. I think that it was stamped in the lower right (as you read the characters) of the bottom bracket shell in 1996. Sizes were S, M, L, and X.

From what I can see, the bike is very close to original spec. The Coda 900 crank and bottom bracket are correct for the year but were actually only standard on three higher-end bikes. Catalog shows GripShift SRT-800 X-Ray shifters but the LX Rapidfire shifters may have been a mid year substitution or the result of a supply issue.
I will post closer detailed pics of the bottom bracket and cranks (I also have the tool to remove the bottom bracket). The chainrings are CNC'd separately, so they can be replaced. The cranks were a VERY high-end addition, one of the advantages of managing the bike store. Frame is a Medium (which I put in the Title of the post), and I really didn't like GripShift at all, so I did pul the LX shifters on. I have a spare front (left) shifter as well.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I overlooked the size in the title. Was the bike complete when it came to the shop and you changed the crank, BB, and shifters? According to the catalog, the 900 crank only came on the SuperV Active 3000 and the F3000. Are the bottom bracket bearings in cups outside the shell? If so, that must be the first bottom bracket to do that.