Cannondale Experts

David Velez

Does anyone have or know a working phone number for cannondale experts? The number listed always has a busy signal. Thank you for your help

JohnnyD

I just checked my receipt for an item I recently ordered from them, as well as Send It Bikes. Both list the same phone number that is on their website. Have you gotten a response from any e-mails to them? Also what question(s) are you looking for.. I'll try to help, I like to dig up information off the web that isn't easy to find..

JohnnyD

Send a PM to MikeA here. He is as close to a headshok guru as they come. He isn't a regular, but he is much more reliable than cannondale experts/send it bikes! when it come to answering questions

MikeA

Well, "super" just means it's an 80mm fork, so we need more details. What year is it and what model bike is it from? What color is the damper? Can you post pictures of the fork and damper?

David Velez

Well, "super" just means it's an 80mm fork, so we need more details. What year is it and what model bike is it from? What color is the damper? Can you post pictures of the fork and damper?
I believe the fork is a 2001 and it is on a super v here is a pick. Thank you for your help

Attachments

• 66D461B4-6A40-4948-A591-2366378F5A81.jpeg
    66D461B4-6A40-4948-A591-2366378F5A81.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 89

MikeA

The catalog says a 2001 SuperV 500 has a Super Fatty M Headshok. The "M" is a coil sprung fork with a mechanical friction damper, not hydraulic. This damper is not servicable. A pre-2005 (silver color) DL80 air/oil cartridge should drop right in that fork for an upgrade.

David Velez

The catalog says a 2001 SuperV 500 has a Super Fatty M Headshok. The "M" is a coil sprung fork with a mechanical friction damper, not hydraulic. This damper is not servicable. A pre-2005 (silver color) DL80 air/oil cartridge should drop right in that fork for an upgrade.
Is that available and do I need to do anything to the fork for it to work

MikeA

Nope, not worth it. You should scrap the bike. Oh, but send me the swingarm that matches the one I broke in a crash

IMG_20220516_160903812_HDR.jpg

Seriously though, the only way to get a cartridge for these old forks is to buy a used fork that has one. Considering they haven't been made since 2005 you should expect to have it serviced if you find one. After removing the cartridge and the cap at the bottom the DL80 assembly should thread right in. I say "should" because with Cannondale there is always an exception so I wouldn't guarantee it without seeing it myself.

Also because its Cannondale, just because the catalog says its an "M" fork doesn't mean it is. There should be no lockout and no schrader valve at the bottom if it is.

MikeA

One more thing, those swingarms failed frequently. You should inspect it closely for cracks before continuing with the project. Here is a service bulletin showing where to look:

Attachments

• 2003_bonded_aluminum_swingarm_inspection_service_bulletin_en.pdf
    158.1 KB · Views: 175

David Velez

Nope, not worth it. You should scrap the bike. Oh, but send me the swingarm that matches the one I broke in a crash

View attachment 8577
Seriously though, the only way to get a cartridge for these old forks is to buy a used fork that has one. Considering they haven't been made since 2005 you should expect to have it serviced if you find one. After removing the cartridge and the cap at the bottom the DL80 assembly should thread right in. I say "should" because with Cannondale there is always an exception so I wouldn't guarantee it without seeing it myself.

Also because its Cannondale, just because the catalog says its an "M" fork doesn't mean it is. There should be no lockout and no schrader valve at the bottom if it is.
It doesn’t have a valve for air and no adjustment

David Velez

Would a dlr80 work