Auston from Texas

Auston

Hey ya'll!

My name's Auston and I'm from Texas. I've become very passionate about Cannondale only in the past year or so. My first bike was a 2019 Catalyst 1 Hardtail Mountain bike. I love it and started racing mountain bikes locally with that bike. As the Racing season went on I had a really weird moment where I ran over a stick and broke my hanger and derailleur. The DAY before a race! So I took it to a shop hoping to get it back in time, but alas no luck. I ended up racing on my friends Haro loaner bike and achieved 2nd! (Out of 2). From then on I knew I needed a new race bike, that way if 1 bike went down I wouldn't have to scramble to find another. After searching and a ton of research I went with the Bad Habit 1. My first carbon bike and a full suspension. I chose it mainly because it was a 27 wheel base, and that's what my Catalyst 1 is and thus what I'm used to. Racing it for the rest of the season was a blast, and the thing is a lightweight beast. Mountain Biking is my main passion.

However with mountain biking where I live the trails are not meant to be ridden wet. So on rainy weeks there would be times I would go almost a month without riding. This is when I started riding the mountain bikes on the road. I started to also do benefit road rides and quickly wanted to do more and longer ones. However in order to accomplish this I needed a road bike. Thankfully I finally found a Cannondale my size for sale locally and within my budget. I scooped it up and even though I only have a few rides on it, I love it! You can see more about that bike in Unknown Cannondale titled First road bike.

I'm excited to join this community and to learn more about Cannondale. I love seeing everyone's bikes!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Welcome. I started out with a Cannondale MTB too but since good roads are a lot more plentiful than trails in my area, I have spent more time on road bikes. It's always nice to have a back-up no matter what type.