Adventure Jekyll 1000 Airshox Replacement

Hello, I have a 2002 Cannondale Adventure 1000 with the Airshox Rear bladder shock. Does anyone know if I can replace it with a Gen 1 Jekyll Fox Float shock? Thank You

JohnnyD

From what I've seen of the Adventure/Silk Road Jekyll's you should have no problem using a first gen shock. Just remember that you will need the bushings,trunnion collar, and locking ring. They are specific for that shock so you will need everything for the Fox.

Thank You. I ordered one from EBay with the trunnion collar and locking ring, I just need the bushings. The air bladder shock on the bike is still in really good shape, do you know where I can find the weight to pressure table for it? I just got the bike and haven't ridden it yet due to the weather here in CT but I want to try it with the air bladder shock before I replace it with the Fox.

I also need the weight/pressure chart for the Fox Float.

Last edited:

JohnnyD

I'd like to know how it rides with that shock too..
In case you are wondering what it would look like all decked out for "bike packing" check out this video from a Youtube channel I enjoy.
I love my '04 Jekyll but I would also love to find a Gen 1 Silk Road/Adventure version as well.

Last edited:
Well, the EBay seller couldn't find the shock I purchased so I'm back to square one. Thank You for your help. If anyone has a Gen 1 Jekyll Fox Float shock with trunnion collar and locking ring, I'm interested.

JohnnyD

Well, the EBay seller couldn't find the shock I purchased so I'm back to square one. Thank You for your help. If anyone has a Gen 1 Jekyll Fox Float shock with trunnion collar and locking ring, I'm interested.
Sorry to hear that you didn't get the shock you purchased. I'll take a look on E-bay when I am browsing to see if anything else pops up. Hopefully, you'll get a chance to ride the bike with the current shock and then later something else will go up for sale that you'll actually get.