Add a sub thread for Non Cannondale builds?

Add a Sub thread for bike builds NON cannondale.

• Total voters

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
I have a question for all.

Would it be a good idea to add a Sub thread of bike builds that are non Cannondale?

for example, I also collect Mountain Cycle. And I am sure we all have other brands. :)

Thoughts?

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, thats why I asked. The forums are for everybody and if anybody has any ideas for add or change we can chat about it. :)

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I'd be OK with it, or not. I've got lots of other brands, have occasionally posted a picture of one in a Cannondale thread from time to time.

Len

I'd be into it! Mountain Cycle?? I'd love to see some pics. I've always liked those and Intense.

petergt4

Maybe let this thread be for that?

I don't have a big collection but my non-Cannondales are a 1994 Mountain Cycle San Andreas which I only acquired recently (Dec. 2019) and my own titanium road bike which I made when I attended the United Bicycle Institute's frame building program in Ashland, Oregon, back in 2017. I made the road bike because I had a NOS vintage Shimano 600 Arabesque groupset that was given to me by my uncle as a gift when I moved out west. He got it as payment for a side job he did back in the '70s and never used it! It sat in his garage for 20 years, all in their original boxes. I took it with me when I moved and it sat in my garage for 20years! I came across it in 2017 on a big clean-up and thought enough is enough, I gotta build a bike to use it with:

L1060237.JPG IMG_0322.JPG IMG_0382.JPG L1040136.JPG

petergt4

Nice job on the road bike. What fork is that? What was the total cost of the frame, including the class?

The fork was made by Hausmarke. It was called "Track Royal" and came with a 1 1/8" ahead steerer. Made from cromoly and lugged.:

https://www.bike24.de/p192841.html

The class admission cost includes the materials to build the frame - which you keep. All in was $3K. A little more than a 1/3 of that cost covers the materials and that includes tubing and all pre-machined parts from Paragon Machine Works (head tube, BB shell, drop outs, cable stops and whatever else you want to weld onto your frame). Cost is the same whether you build a BMX frame or Mountain/Gravel/Road bike.