750g Limited Edition SuperSix EVO

JohnnyD

Anyone else see Cannondale's latest limited edition bike..

Yeah 750g for a complete frameset???? The price for one of these 200 made limited edition bikes..$5600.00!!! OUCH

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I remember when an 18 pound road bike was scary light. Not sure how light they have gotten but a friend has one that is under 14 lbs. Hard to believe 750g for a frameset. Look HSC rim brake forks were around 375g, the current Enve disc fork is 450g. I think that 750g weight must be for the bare frame. Trek claims 1970g for it's $4420 Madone SLR frameset. Complete bikes are in the $13,000 range.

I only clicked on the Belmont site, but they are selling the SuperSix for $5200.

JohnnyD

I remember when an 18 pound road bike was scary light. Not sure how light they have gotten but a friend has one that is under 14 lbs. Hard to believe 750g for a frameset. Look HSC rim brake forks were around 375g, the current Enve disc fork is 450g. I think that 750g weight must be for the bare frame. Trek claims 1970g for it's $4420 Madone SLR frameset. Complete bikes are in the $13,000 range.

I only clicked on the Belmont site, but they are selling the SuperSix for $5200.

$5200 is what I meant to type.I must have had 6 on the brain..The 750 grams is just for the frame. It is just insane on how lightweight they can make road bikes. Meanwhile full carbon MTB's are still pushing 14-15 kg fully built vs.7-8 kg for ultra lightweight road bikes.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Not a Hi-Mod or limited edition but I doubt this frame at less than 1/10th the price gives up anything you could notice while riding. I've purchased frames from Guy with no problems.

JohnnyD

Not a Hi-Mod or limited edition but I doubt this frame at less than 1/10th the price gives up anything you could notice while riding. I've purchased frames from Guy with no problems.

Even without the recommendation from you about the seller, I'd support the statement that the frame for sale at 1/10 the cost would almost certainly give an average rider very similar if not the same riding experience.