66 cm road Cannondale

rickpaulos

$300 plus shipping and fees. Local pickup welcome in Cedar Rapids Iowa.

The paint is black with factory applied faint white squiggly lines all over it. Makes it look beat up which it isn't. Seat bag was moldy and discarded.

I didn't measure the frame.
the serial number is under the chain stay.
66 cm 3/2/1991 build date?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50181306387_0775ebd694_b.jpg

Attachments

• Cannondale.black (1).JPG
    Cannondale.black (1).JPG
    699.3 KB · Views: 153

black lightning 1987

Staff member
That looks like a 1991 SR600, Cosmic Black with White Web, 7 speed 105SC. Not sure about the Cannondale decal though, the catalog shows the "normal" down tube decal.

What's the standover height? I have a friend that might be tall enough to ride it.

rickpaulos

I won't be able to measure until next saturday.
Judging from the concrete blocks in the wall...
The geometry chart on page 30 in the 91 catalog list 91.44 cm standover. 36.00 inches.
yeah that big sticker on the top tube sure looks out of place. Like an automotive bumper sticker.
I looked through the 90/91/92 catalogs and they mention the 66 cm criterium frames but don't list any model in 66cm.
* the same chart says 66cm was available as a frame only. My guess is it was too large for their regular shipping boxes. The next 'oversize' shipping fee could add another $100 easy.

"Cosmic Black with White Web" looks like a Cosmetically Blemished factory second. Meh. Maybe some good polishing compound could take the web off.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Yes, must be a crit frame, I incorrectly assumed that a 66 would be a road frame and didn't check the crit frame chart. I wouldn't mess with the paint as it's period correct and looks to be in good shape. I have several circa 1990 bikes that have similar paint: Cannondale, Nishiki, Yokota. Can you tell if the Cannondale decal on the top tube is clear coated? Bike would look a lot more "right" if it had the thin letter Cannondale on the down tube. Are both rims Open 4? What hubs? Cassette or freewheel?