411 and help needed on my unicorn (2004 Road Warrior 1000)

steve van pelt

Hi Gang,

I'm brand new here to the forum. I have a 2004 Road Warrior 1000 with a Slice All-condition Ultra SI Headshok. it's leaking grease/oil and needs work.

Cannondale says it no longer makes the parts needed to rebuild this, and they have not been much help... suggesting Ebay as a possible source for parts/service.

I'd like to rehab the headshok... but have never done one of these before. Is there any hope for finding the right parts and instructions to rebuild it?

back story on the bike...

I purchased the bike new on 2005/06, and it's been my daily commuter from MD-DC all season until now. I had Cannondale rebuild the shock about 10 years ago... I've but about 25000 miles on the frame, and replaced most componentry at least once.
cannondale road warrior 1000 headshock 2004.jpg
cannondale road warrior 1000 headshock info from catalog.jpg

any help or thoughts appreciated!

thanks,
Steve

I bought the bike new

Attachments

• cannondale road warrior 1000 headshok pix.jpg
    cannondale road warrior 1000 headshok pix.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 123

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Are you looking for just a rebuild? if so, Mendon Cycle Smith in NY is a great place to send it for rebuild.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
It's great that you have ridden it that many miles. For parts or service you might check with Craig at Mendon Cyclesmith. He services headshoks and leftys.

http://mendoncyclesmith.com/

If he can't rebuild it you are probably going to be replacing the fork or at least the damping section. My guess is that the damping section can be swapped from an F series MTB or a Silk Road. Hopefully Craig can suggest something. I have a couple of older Silk Road framesets with the aluminum forks here, but am not sure if the forks would be a direct swap to your frame. I'm pretty sure there are some reducing headsets available that will allow you to put a 1 1/8" steerer rigid fork in the frame if you're unable to come up with a working headshok.

steve van pelt

It's great that you have ridden it that many miles. For parts or service you might check with Craig at Mendon Cyclesmith. He services headshoks and leftys.

http://mendoncyclesmith.com/

If he can't rebuild it you are probably going to be replacing the fork or at least the damping section. My guess is that the damping section can be swapped from an F series MTB or a Silk Road. Hopefully Craig can suggest something. I have a couple of older Silk Road framesets with the aluminum forks here, but am not sure if the forks would be a direct swap to your frame. I'm pretty sure there are some reducing headsets available that will allow you to put a 1 1/8" steerer rigid fork in the frame if you're unable to come up with a working headshok.

HI
I just called Craig, who thinks he can get all the parts to assemble a rebuilt headshok! thanks for the help, and I'll let you know about the progress!
regards,
Steve

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Its a different Cannondale. 2008+ is all new, everything 2007 and older is gone and not supported. That is why this site is here to preserve these bikes and make connections to keep them alive. :cool: