2008 Rush 4 frame fork and maybe wheels worth/is this classic enough for this community?

FishDoc

Hey All,

Not a great photo, bike isn't cleaned up, but the current state of the bike ahead of maybe my final ride on it.

I'm about to get a new MTB which means my 2008 Rush 4 is going to be retired as my main MTB. There isn't much left original aside from the frame, fork, crankset and stem (though even the stem has been replaced with a shorter one, I have the original). I have it setup as 1 x 11 XT with older an older SLX brakeset. I've had the fork bearings reset once and the RP23 shock was rebuilt by Fox a couple of years ago.

The wheelset is actually off of a 2009 Scalpel 2 .... SL front hub/DT 240 rear ... 24h .. DT XCR 1.4 rims with revolution spokes. I have the original wheelset as well, though its miss matched as they replaced a cracked front rim that happened early on with a front wheel that didnt match.

While it has been my main mtb since 2008 its in really good shape overall, including aesthetically. The frame, fork and wheelset are all perfectly functional with minor cosmetic issues that would expected for its age (damaged decals that aren't under paint on the fork and wheels, a few chips, a little surface blemish on hardware)

I'll take input on what the fair market value of this bike is, though I have an idea what I can get for it locally. I'm much more interested if it would be of interest to the vintage Cannondale community as one of the later USA built C-dales. If so I'd love to see it get to someone who would appreciate it ... at least the frame, fork and/or the wheelset

So

1) What would a fair value of the frame and fork be?
2) What would a fair value of the wheelset be?

When I say fair I'll be upfront and say I'm not looking to max dollars if it goes to someone who would really dig it ... with the bike market how it is if I wanted top cash I think not parting it out would be the way to go.

Thanks for your input

Cheers

Steve

2008 Rush 4.jpg