2005 CAAD5 R500 Feminine

Jarryd Harding

Hey Cannondale community,

Can someone give me some details / a description of the Feminine range of bikes? Are the frames female specific or did Cannondale just change the specification of the components? I had been on the hunt for a 56cm CAAD for a while and this popped up in QLD for a decent price so I couldn't resist. See the before and after of the build, with a mix of 105, Thomson components, Fizik seat, aluminium bottle cages and a modern Cannondale handlebar off a CAAD10.
Before & After.jpg
IMG_4442.JPG
Thanks!

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
Have you looked up the Serial number to find out a year? (looks to be 01-02 ish) In the back of the catalogs, they will have frame geometry. This also might be a Cannondale question of to the exact specs of the frame.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Yes, 2005 R500 Feminine. I had one of those, still have the wheels on a CX bike. The CAAD5 Feminine frames had a slightly lower BB and a shorter top tube. In size 56, the regular frame had a 56 top tube while the Fem. had 54.5. I can't find the Feminine chart in the 2005 catalog
2003 road geometry.jpg
, but I doubt they changed at all during the CAAD5 era. Here are the charts from 2003.

Your bike looks great, still hard to beat those CAAD5-CAAD 9 frames.

Jarryd Harding

Have you looked up the Serial number to find out a year? (looks to be 01-02 ish) In the back of the catalogs, they will have frame geometry. This also might be a Cannondale question of to the exact specs of the frame.
Hey Brian,

I had a peek at the serial number yesterday but its covered by the bottom bracket cable routing. I'm pretty sure its a 2005 Feminine version, as it had the triple cranset, the Gipiemme T3 wheels and the carbon seatpost. Thanks for the reply!

Attachments

• CAAD 2005 Catalog Feminine.png
    CAAD 2005 Catalog Feminine.png
    2 MB · Views: 2,147

Jarryd Harding

Yes, 2005 R500 Feminine. I had one of those, still have the wheels on a CX bike. The CAAD5 Feminine frames had a slightly lower BB and a shorter top tube. In size 56, the regular frame had a 56 top tube while the Fem. had 54.5. I can't find the Feminine chart in the 2005 catalogView attachment 3365 , but I doubt they changed at all during the CAAD5 era. Here are the charts from 2003.

Your bike looks great, still hard to beat those CAAD5-CAAD 9 frames.

Ahh awesome information. It does feel quite nippy and short for a 56cm, and I have 175mm cranks on it that come pretty close to the ground :/ thank you for the geo charts, I'm going to be pouring over these to compare them to my 2015 Allez geo for reference.

Thank you! It is a very nice bike to ride and I am wrapped with it.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
It would be interesting to compare the geometry to the old criterium frames. Wheelbase may have been about the same but
i'd guess BB height was higher on the crit frames. The designers probably assumed all the Feminine frames would be used with 170 mm cranks. Hopefully you can get used to coasting in fast corners with your inside foot up.