2001 Jekyll 2000

JohnnyD

My 4th of July present to myself of a 2001 Jekyll is now complete.There are a few pictures of the bike up in the Gallery. There wasn't much to do to this bike. I purchased it as "roller" so all I had to do was add the drive-train. Of course I went a little further. I put on a set Magura MT Trail Sport, 180 F/160 R rotors, SRAM NX Eagle 12 speed groupset, new 31.8 mm Cannondale handle bar and stem, Ergon GE1 Evo grips, 2003 Mavic CrossMax SL wheels..The tires are donors from one of my other bike while I wait for the Schwalbe tires I ordered to come in. I am going to take both Jekyll's out for a comparison ride tomorrow on my day off. I can already tell you that the 2001 is two pounds lighter @ 30.24 lbs vs. the 32.51 lbs for the '04 Jekyll and you can feel the difference in the weight in the front forks..

Jekyll_2000.jpg

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Still surprised at the weight but there are a lot of dense welds on that frame, and steel fasteners at all the pivot points. It looks great. I'd love to try one out some time.

JohnnyD

Still surprised at the weight but there are a lot of dense welds on that frame, and steel fasteners at all the pivot points. It looks great. I'd love to try one out some time.
I'll let you ride either Jekyll anytime you are around this part of Texas. They are both XL frames and configured almost identically. That way I can be somewhat objective when I do a comparison ride between a v1 and v2 Jekyll.

Big Brother
Jekyll_2000.jpg
VS
Little Brother

Jekyll_1000.jpg

Who is the most fun to ride?????

JohnnyD

I think I can get it under 30 lbs. once I get the Nobby Nic's on and make it tubless. Those CST tires are heavy as heck compared to the Schwalbe's. Right now I think the big difference in weight is all in the fork. I know the Lefty feels lighter when riding and doing bunny hops over stuff, those two pounds make a difference!