2000 Jekyll: Fox Float RC Lock Ring

Hi,
I'm rebuilding the 2000 Jekyll which is nearly mint. The rear hub had corroded inside and was frozen... managed to source a new one and rebuilt the wheel.
Then the shock decided to stop working on the first ride. I've since serviced it and all seems good.
Trouble is I moved during this process and the bolt which joins the shock to the swingarm has disappeared!
Anyone know what size/spec this is? Or supply one?
I'm managed to find the torque setting from a brochure but not the size.
Any help would be appreciated!

IMG_20190519_155727.jpg
IMG_20190519_155734.jpg

black lightning 1987

Staff member
I don't have a Jekyll but I'd think you could measure the swing arm and find an off the shelf bolt and nut. I'd use a thin head cap screw and a locking (nylon insert) flange nut with thin stainless steel washers under each.

Brian

Administrator
Staff member
That is a standard bolt from the hardware (Stainless). M6 I believe (maybe M5), and whatever length is needed. Technically you can use any bolt. And use a Nylock nut and washers..

by the way if you need rims I might have a set off a 2000 lefty. DS1 rims I think, with the 4 bolt lefty hub.

Hi guys,
I manged to source a stainless steel bolt from a motorbike fittings supplier and cut it down in our practices workshop. It is very nearly back to being a functioning bike! Having rebuilt the shock it appears to work good as new. Here's a picture:

I replaced the original saddle with a Selle Italia Turbo saddle, switched the spd for DMR platform peddles, The Cannondale risers got swapped for the Azonic bars I used to ride in circa 2000 & some new ODI grips. I have all the original parts which are all mint and may switch back. For now I've done some small mods that I would have done back in the day.

I think it looks amazing! I'm very happy with my eBay find. The guy I bought it bought one for him and a matching one for his wife, must have rode it once and it stayed there hung up for circa 18 years. After replacing a few seized parts it's ready to be ridden!

IMG_20190629_200733.jpg

................well nearly, there is one problem. In moving house and moving country (I'm from the UK) I've managed to misplace the locknut for the fitment of the Fox Float RC. I've turned everything I own upside down and no joy.
Anyone have any ideas where I might get a replacement from? Anyone know a place that may have stripped one down for spares?
IMG_20190714_085355.jpg

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Glad you have made progress on most of the issues. Not sure of what locknut you are missing. Perhaps draw an arrow on the point where it goes.