1996 F500 Cannondale - near mint - value?

BrickBuckleman

Hi everyone,

I have an almost mint 1996 Cannondale F500 in BBQ black color that I am thinking about selling. It has the Headshok MC50 fork. Almost everything is stock except for the rear rim and the pedals. It has been in storage most of its life, but I have also maintained it during that time.

Does anyone know if this is a desirable retro bike?

Any ideas on how much I should sell it for? I’ve checked bicyclebluebook.com and it says it sells for around $200, whereas there is someone selling their 1996 F500 on Ebay for $1200.

Thanks for any help!
Mike.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
BBB values are way too low. They buy bikes and resell them. For example, they have a nice 1998 Trek 5200 for sale, priced at $1200. If you check their "value" guide, they say $470 for private sale or $275 trade in.

I would think that you could get $200 for your bare frame and fork if it's nice. You might ask $500 or so complete. You may sit on it for a while. There's a really nice 1999 F400 that's been for sale at that price for a couple of months about 3 hours from me. CAAD2 frame and P Bone headshok fork, XT rear derailleur, same as the 1999 F600. If it were 100 miles closer I'd be tempted.

BrickBuckleman

BBB values are way too low. They buy bikes and resell them. For example, they have a nice 1998 Trek 5200 for sale, priced at $1200. If you check their "value" guide, they say $470 for private sale or $275 trade in.

I would think that you could get $200 for your bare frame and fork if it's nice. You might ask $500 or so complete. You may sit on it for a while. There's a really nice 1999 F400 that's been for sale at that price for a couple of months about 3 hours from me. CAAD2 frame and P Bone headshok fork, XT rear derailleur, same as the 1999 F600. If it were 100 miles closer I'd be tempted.
Thanks so much for all the info. That’s nice to know about BBB. I won’t rely on them anymore!