1995 M400 20 inch red/silver

Hi, looking to pick up a 1995 M400, 20 inch, red/silver complete. Had one in 1995 and absolutely loved it. Please let me know what you've got!

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Are you exclusively looking for that year and model? The M400 had the 3.8 series frame and a steel fork. The M500 and M900 had the lighter 2.8 series frame and a Pepperoni aluminum fork. The M900 weighed 3.5 pounds less than the M400. The older 3.0 series frames had virtually the same geometry.

Are you exclusively looking for that year and model? The M400 had the 3.8 series frame and a steel fork. The M500 and M900 had the lighter 2.8 series frame and a Pepperoni aluminum fork. The M900 weighed 3.5 pounds less than the M400. The older 3.0 series frames had virtually the same geometry.
I am! I bought that bike new when I couldn’t afford it along with a plastic baby seat. My daughter and I rode the path at Forest park in St. Louis every weekend for a few years. I ended up selling it to a friend...my daughter passed away last year and my wife and I are moving to Florida to the beach in a couple of years. I thought it might be nice to pick up the same model to ride on the beach.

I understand. I'm looking for a 1989 SM800 purely for sentimental reasons.
I found one! I posted something on a vintage mountain bike forum, and had someone from Florida contact me about one available in his local pawn shop with my color scheme. Not only did he go and negotiate the price down 35%, he insisted on going through the bike completely, and replacing the parts that needed it.....all while refusing to allow me to pay him for his time and parts. The total for the bike shipped to my house was $170. There are some truly amazing people out there, probably the coolest thing anyone has ever done for me.