1992 T600 Stem

ChrisW

I'm searching for a special touring/road bike stem with included cable guide like shown in the pic as the T600 has cantilever brakes.

It doesn't have to be exactly the same model!

Any ideas where to look?

Attachments

• 92_T600 Stem.png
    92_T600 Stem.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 214
Last edited:

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Are you picky about rise angle and clamp diameter? There are lots of MTB and hybrid stems out there that are similar. Most are going to have an extension with rise and will have a 25.4 clamp. Plenty of 25.4 drop bars exist, so the clamp diameter is not a big deal if you're not picky about the handlebar. Some clamps will be too wide to thread a drop bar through, so you may have to remove some clamp material. I used a Tioga T-Bone on one of my touring bikes without modification. Nitto made the Technomic with a through cable but most Technomics won't have the feature. Might be worth looking through the Nitto catalog though - they have tons of stuff that you don't often see.
cannondale touring - maroon.jpg
Here's my 1985 ST500 with the T-Bone.

black lightning 1987

Staff member
Here's the only one I found at home, may have something else at the shop. It has a 26.2 clamp (guessing that's so you can use 26.0 or 26.4 bar), 100 mm extension, and made for a drop bar. A Cinelli model 64 and an Ergo bend 26.0 Bontrager slipped in without binding. Needs a repaint to look nice.
blue 100 mm stem 26.0.jpg

ChrisW

Great! Thank you very much!

Forgot to mention that it's indeed a 1" stem with 26 mm clamping, but also think about a new handlebar.

Last edited: